Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone round here know much about Brian Moores?? I've got a real nice red quilt C90P with maple board but the tone could be a bit sharper/cutting. I think the guy I bought it from said it was chambered - but that was more than five years ago so I'm wondering if I'm imagining that?!?!

Is it possible? It doesn't have soundhole(s) - do they put chambers in under the tops of some of these? It's quite a bit lighter than a mahogany bodied J-Custom, but these have smaller and thinner bodies.. Maybe I just need to figure out what pickups are in it and take them up a notch!

Cheers,
Justin

·
Registered
422 Posts
I dont know if that particular guitar is chambered, but it doesnt need to have f-holes if its chambered, you can just have a top over the holes like in chambered Les Pauls.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK cool - so I'm not going mad - it is possible! Is there a way to know for sure? I guess I could get an experienced luthier to take a look at her, they ought to be able to tap'n'tell no?!

Hmm maybe I could email the Brian Moore company and ask them to look up the serial number in their records?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts