Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first time here but I'm a long-time Ibanez player (American) living in Japan. I want the following guitar more than anything: a J-Custom with SS frets and a lo-pro edge, with passive pickups. Any chance on this coming this year? The emerald green one is almost there, but it's insanely expensive and has fishmans.

It appears Ibanez hasn't announced any other 2019 models than this and the limited edition Ishibashi ones.

Do you know what month they usually finish making announcements by?

Also in case you say just get the green one with fishmans and gut it in favor of passives...I might if there's no others coming out. Or I might just buy an EBMM Majesty. I need SS frets...

Thanks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
a J-Custom with SS frets and a lo-pro edge, with passive pickups
That would be really, really nice...

Recently I bought a Suhr Modern with stainless steel frets, and I'm addicted ever since. So much I had my '97 Ibanez JPM100 refretted with SS frets, and it plays amazing now. If I buy another guitar, I'd be very tempted to refret it with SS.

Or I might just buy an EBMM Majesty. I need SS frets...
It plays nice indeed, but apart from being one of the ugliest guitars ever made by men, be ready to short battery life (three AA 1.5V batteries, not a 9V), and all sorts of electric circuit problems (just search around).

Oh you want your tech to fix it? Good luck with this:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea maybe EBMM should be avoided... I actually got a Suhr a month ago but returned it for frets sticking out of the sides. Also I actually preferred the sound of my old RG prestige with IBZ pickups.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a site with dates when past j customs were released? If there was a pattern that would help. With only 1 new model for the year, you'd think they would release more?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.