Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've got an Edge Zero 2 Tremolo and I find its tremolo arm system kind of annoying, so I was trying to find a solution to change it to something that actually work well for me.

I'm trying to change the tremolo arm system to a pop-in kind of system. I know the Edge Pro and Lo-Pro bridges have that kind of system, but I wanted to know if any of you have tried this before? Do the arm holders from these bridges fit on an Edge Zero 2 bridge?

What is the width of the arm holder hole on a Lo-Pro bridge, for example?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi there,

I've got an Edge Zero 2 Tremolo and I find its tremolo arm system kind of annoying, so I was trying to find a solution to change it to something that actually work well for me.

I'm trying to change the tremolo arm system to a pop-in kind of system. I know the Edge Pro and Lo-Pro bridges have that kind of system, but I wanted to know if any of you have tried this before? Do the arm holders from these bridges fit on an Edge Zero 2 bridge?

What is the width of the arm holder hole on a Lo-Pro bridge, for example?

Thanks in advance
It's M10, if that's what you mean by 'width'. The baseplate of the Lo-Pro is threaded to accept the arm holder which is screwed in, then a nut is fitted to lock it in place.
I suspect the Edge Zero 2 baseplate is not similarly threaded so, no, you probably couldn't retrofit the Lo-Pro holder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But if you don't thread the bridge, you can still screw the arm holder tight, right? I'm thinking the thread is probably just for an aesthetic reason.

·
Registered
547 Posts
But if you don't thread the bridge, you can still screw the arm holder tight, right? I'm thinking the thread is probably just for an aesthetic reason.
No, the arm socket has no flange and relies on the thread to hold it in place, so it would just drop straight through. Engineers don't thread fastenings for aesthetics dude.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couldn’t you just use a washer under the head of the socket to keep it from falling through and then tighten it in place with the nut from the back side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts