Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys..I'm in a touch situation here...Should get an Ibanez or a Charvel green meanie...I just can't think straight here. I'm looking for something good and can last me a long time. I like the green meanie because it has some personality but yet Ibanez guitars are good for shredding but I notice that most of their prestige or RG are to commercial based. Suggestions please. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
and that's exactly what I'm doing, right now. I'm building a Green Meanie, but it won't be exact. When you go exact, you are stuck with the things you DON'T like, too.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Which Ibanez are you looking for? Personally, if it's a J-Custom to a Green meanie, I'd take the J-Custom. If we're talking anything less than a prestige.. go Greenie. Greenie VS prestige.. depends on the model.

·
Registered
352 Posts
those green meanie's look evil :D
tho they look somewhat out of somebody's nightmare they definately get you attention and a good sound (going on the great sound ive had with them when trying them in shops lol)
I would go with the green meanie

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
Charvel doesn't make a "Green Meanie" as part of its regualr offerings. Are you talking about Matt's (of Matt's Music fame) limited run, or a Charvel Custom shop guitar? If you can afford a Charvel Custom Shop guitar, then you can afford just about anything out there, including a couple of nice Ibby's for the same price. What Green Meanie are you specifically referring to?

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
That would be a Wayne though, not a Charvel. I personally wouldn't deal with Wayne on anything when the Charvel Custom shop is such a safe bet.

·
Registered
959 Posts
That would be a Wayne though, not a Charvel. I personally wouldn't deal with Wayne on anything when the Charvel Custom shop is such a safe bet.
Yea your right, just thought I would mention it... since he did not specify where he was getting a Green Meanie. Also Im not sure if the new Charvels carry the same reputation as the Old Charvels before Fender bought them. It seem the new EVH model is a dime a dozen and always for sale some where.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
The new Charvels I've played are awesome. The pointy headstock necks are very close to the old pointies, and there aren't really enough Stratheads out there yet to judge, I don't think. We'll see on those; the old Charvel guys tend to line up behind one or the other. The EVH guitars suffer from both markup and Ed's reputation. They are great guitars, but unless you need the whole "Ed" vibe of the copies you could get a plain white one for a whole lot less money.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The only place I have seen alot of Custom Charvels is (the music zoo).

I have a 90's strathead charvel - MIJ which plays great and I think its well put together and its heavier than my strat. I pickup the EV model and was not impressed with the $2k+ price tag and how it played, but maybe hype & price was why .. on that note, I just wonder if you get a Custom Shop Green Meanie with will probally be way over priced too.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
You can definitely get a few different prestige Ibanezes for the price of Charvel Green Meanie replica. You could also gt a George Lynch sub camo replica from Matt at the moment; I know he has a few of those in stock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bluealien...I'm not sure man. Could you recommend me a a good brand for the green meanie? I was thinking that charvels are way to costly and I thought of getting one which is reasonable. Is matts cheap?

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
Matt is Matt of Matt's Music, one of the site sponsors. Shoot him an email with any questions you might have.

I'd say if you really have your heart set on a Meanie just get yourself some Warmoth parts and build your own. You might save a grand or more.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts