Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I am trying to decide what guitar to buy for a modding project.i want to replace things like pickups,more advanced electronics like phaseswitch,series/parallelle,killswitch,tuners etc.

I want a easy to remove Edge/ floydrose so i can just remove the backstrings and the studs to easy access to the pickguard or for travel with a airplane.though,it need to stay in tune also.

Some more criteria:
Pickguard with hsh hss or hh
Jumbo fretz
Bolt on
Flat radius
I want to find a good guitar for max 400euro or less.

I am looking at rg350dx but are the tremolo with zps system and the wheel a couple of extra steps to deassemble? Can it be removed?
Or Steve Vai jem jr but a little over my budget,is it worth upgrading?can the bridge be replace with a better floyd rose?
Anyone have or have tried those guitars?

Are there better models for the price and criteria i want?used or new.
Some have recommended a used rg550 but they are hard to buy for a good price so i am looking for alternatives..
I live in europe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Have you considered a 450? A new one would get you by for a while. Quantum pups aren't too bad. I find the edge zero 2 pretty decent myself, after working with it bit I found the springs softened up a little.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nothing wrong with a used one, but it may have the infinity pups in it, which will likely disappoint you from the start. If it has those in it do some serious haggling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you,i will add that to my list as well..any more recommended models within my criteria is appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.