Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been a long time viewer of this site and man! i envy your guitars! im ashamed of posting a pic of my gsa60.. but i'm saving now for a jem7 :) .. that is - if i can find one here in ther philippines..

is there already a thread here for cheapo guitars? just asking.. :)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I think you'll probably do better by buying from e b a y or direct from Japan. You might even do better by travelling to HongKong and getting stuff from there. I got my very first RoadstarII either at Tom Lee or at Tower Music(?).

The dealer over in the Philippines, I think near the Robinson's Pioneer mall, doesn't stock up on the really expensive stuff, since you're talking almost 120,000 PHP (converted from US MSRP) per good guitar, minus any of the mark ups and stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've been a long time viewer of this site and man! i envy your guitars! im ashamed of posting a pic of my gsa60.. but i'm saving now for a jem7 :) .. that is - if i can find one here in ther philippines..

is there already a thread here for cheapo guitars? just asking.. :)
I am considering buying a Gsa60, replace pups, with steves special / chooper / chopper/ . And changing to Shaller locking tuners.To me it seems like a good guitar if you modify it a bit. And i am quite fond the AT300 but i dont like
the price or the inlays in fretboard ...

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Im all about the cheapies any more..

I can mod them with out fear or worries.. And to be honest some of the cheapos are better than there originals..

We did a test on a Epiphone and a Gibson Black Beauty and to be 100% honest on a guitar costing $2000 more there is no reason for paint overspray and bad binding when the cheapo had no such issues..

Im going to get flamed here but some times people here can be a little snotty with there comments on people who cant afford $$$ guitars..

I welcome this thread and will post in it consistently :)

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
This is the ultimate in cheap guitars. Funny thing is that I sound better playing on this than I do on my Jems, lol! *sadly*

It makes me a REAL Rockstar unlike my un-cheap Jems:cool:

This was given to me by a friends grandpa who'd had it stuck away under his bed for god knows how long. It's a Bruno "Royal Artist" semi hollow 12 string:D 1940-50's??
To my surprise, it's in REALLY good shape too, minus missing some of the hardware. If I'm not mistaken, Brunos were pretty nice axes and this may actually be (not a cheap) guitar???? Anybody know anything about these old Brunos?? :rolleyes:

Cool....a new project:) I've always wanted a 12 string!

And NO Andrew, Elvira's leg is NOT available:razz:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My first electric, and the guitar responsible for getting me to play again, is my 2006 Ibanez ARC100BS. $300 with a set neck, bound fretboard and a burst finish (that OTHER companies charge extra for). The control knobs sit in little scupted recesses in the carved top, and there are microtuners on the bridge. After a new set of strings stretches and settles, I never have to touch the pegs-- those little microtuners are it. The binding and finish are flawless.
Yes, it's made in China, but whoever madeit knows his stuff (or her stuff).

·
Registered
201 Posts
I recognise that leg, lol

Just before i had my js1000 i had a white js100 and tbh i preferred the js100 by a LONG way, better tone, more playable, only downsides where the weight and the trem not being so soft, hard string bends.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This was given to me by a friends grandpa who'd had it stuck away under his bed for god knows how long. It's a Bruno "Royal Artist" semi hollow 12 string:D 1940-50's??
To my surprise, it's in REALLY good shape too, minus missing some of the hardware. If I'm not mistaken, Brunos were pretty nice axes and this may actually be (not a cheap) guitar???? Anybody know anything about these old Brunos?? :rolleyes:

Cool....a new project:) I've always wanted a 12 string!

And NO Andrew, Elvira's leg is NOT available:razz:

[/quote]

That thing is awsome....and I want one!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.