Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An Ibanez SC500n in sunburst finish!

I've always wanted one of this and even though I've had the opportunity of getting one a few times already the price was usually not the best. I'm glad I waited cuz this one was really cheap and she sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Liggy said:
Thats sweet Pal :)

What does she play like?????
Playing this axe is a dream! Everything is so easy it makes me wonder just why normal classicals exist...

Just kiddin', she still needs to be set for proper classical playing (harder strings and higher action).

I'll post some sound clips when she's ready!

:)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
"...she still needs to be set for proper classical playing (harder strings and higher action)..."

I loved those guitars the minute I saw them. The sunburst is even cooler because they usually showed pics of the natural one. I made a thinline classical for myself, and all the while I'm thinking "this could be easier if I could just find one of those SC's cheap somewhere!"

On my classical I play the D'Addario Pro Arte Extra Hard Tension, and it doesn't get any better than that. You have to have hard tension on a thinline job like that so you can choke as much acoustic life out of that top as possible. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
frankfalbo said:
"...she still needs to be set for proper classical playing (harder strings and higher action)..."

I loved those guitars the minute I saw them. The sunburst is even cooler because they usually showed pics of the natural one. I made a thinline classical for myself, and all the while I'm thinking "this could be easier if I could just find one of those SC's cheap somewhere!"

On my classical I play the D'Addario Pro Arte Extra Hard Tension, and it doesn't get any better than that. You have to have hard tension on a thinline job like that so you can choke as much acoustic life out of that top as possible. Congratulations.
Yeah I bought a set of D'addario PA Hard tension and I'll be putting them on tonight. Didn't know there was an Extra Hard set, though. I'll make sure to check those out as well.

I think i'm gonna be putting something under the nut to raise it a little bit also. Don't know if it's a good idea as far as the effect that it may have to the tone of the guitar but ATM open strings seem to be choking against the frets a bit too much and I can't have that.

I'll let you know how it works out. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.