Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
500 Posts
Very nice axe, SweRocker. I really like the S series, especially the ZR tremolo. The ZR is just an amazing trem. It stays perfectly in tune, doesn't go flat when you do a bend, and you can still do flutter on it!

Those INF pickups need replacing, though :)

-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, yeah it's a really nice axe, love the neck on it.
And the ZR... OMG! It's totally wonderful! It wouldn't go out of it the neck broke... lol

And I'm replacing the pickups with Bill Lawrence pickups when I can afford it.

The extra + is that i got it about half the list price ;) BRAND NEW :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
markg5150 said:
Congrats, great axe, the finish was great.

It was definitely worth the wait to download those huge pictures :)
I love the finish myself. First off I thought about buying the black one, but then I thought that fingerprints would be much more visible on a black guitar + this guitar has bindings.

Sorry 'bout the big pictures, but it would take to long to resize all of them.

Just to annoy people, I should have put them in the thread ;)
What a modem killer that would have been.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Fräsig! :)

I bought a S520EX recently and am also very happy with it.
Any difference between the 520 and the 470 except the single coil?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wanner said:
Fräsig! :)

I bought a S520EX recently and am also very happy with it.
Any difference between the 520 and the 470 except the single coil?
A Swedish dude! Yay!
The main differences is the fretboard inlays and the color, I think. The 520 is (according to the Ibanez catalogue) ment to appeal to people who play metal and stuff like that. The pickups are covered, but are exactly the same as on my guitar (minus the sc of course).
I am not the best person to ask about this, anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
don't really like S's but congrats anyway. Is the zr that great....I palyed one and it feels awful.better tech wise then a edge pro?! not feel wise for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love the feel of the ZR trem. It is much more stable than any other bridge I've tried. Another + is that is doesn't chew strings like a friends Edge did. We both use 11's tuned to standard, and if u do a up-pull of 1 wholestep the strings will snap on the Edge, not so on the ZR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
SweRocker said:
A Swedish dude! Yay!
The main differences is the fretboard inlays and the color, I think. The 520 is (according to the Ibanez catalogue) ment to appeal to people who play metal and stuff like that. The pickups are covered, but are exactly the same as on my guitar (minus the sc of course).
I am not the best person to ask about this, anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I kinda like the metal look, even though i play other things than metal.
Im thinking about replacing the pickup covers and the knobs and the tuning screws with some other color, im thinking white or red.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
SweRocker said:
I love the feel of the ZR trem. It is much more stable than any other bridge I've tried. Another + is that is doesn't chew strings like a friends Edge did. We both use 11's tuned to standard, and if u do a up-pull of 1 wholestep the strings will snap on the Edge, not so on the ZR.
If your using 11's on a ibanez with a edge that's pretty stupid tho..may as well go with a LP or strat...
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top