Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
That was great--solid rhythm, and nice feel on the leads. A few of the bends at the start of the solo sounded a little off to me. I have a terrible ear though.

But yeah, please turn the treble down on the hihat. :) It's painful.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea that backing track is like that, I really didn't trip on it when recording it, does stand out in playback.
And Red your right Mr. Moore is the vibrato man, most people don't relize that, I spend too much time on shredding than making that note cry. I'm keeping that in mind more and more.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
jemswirl said:
Yea that backing track is like that, I really didn't trip on it when recording it, does stand out in playback.
And Red your right Mr. Moore is the vibrato man, most people don't relize that, I spend too much time on shredding than making that note cry. I'm keeping that in mind more and more.
I know. I think doing his vibratos is harder than doing vibratos like say Malmsteen because they are so precise. Also a big part of his tone comes from how hard he picks the string and where he picks it as well which are crucial if you want to pull off his tone.

I am thinking of reversing the magnet in the neck pickup in my Les Paul so I can get that Gary Moore tone in the middle position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts