Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a guitar i made for my Leaving cert exams here in Ireland, took me six months and 7 boxes of aspiran, cost me 450 euros to make, everything is from scratch except pickups and machinery but the neck and body placing shaping finishing everything is from scratch, its the best thing i ever did! I just wanted to show it, it aint no jem lol but it does the job :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Very nice but I'm not mad about Vs. What subject was the guitar built for? Technology? Materials Science? I wish I could make a guitar for my exams. What's it play like? What does JB-1 stand for?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nice! Could we have details of hardware and construction? Pickups, neck attachment, tuners, wood material ect.. I like the finish on the wood!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah il post up all the specs man, just i gotta get back home after my exams!! it was for construction studies or woodwork, JB-1 is Jonathan Byrne -1 its my name lol, the v shape is uncomfortable to play i know but i like the look of it well i did at the time lol, the finish was a badly applied varnish!!! im gonna re do it with a laquer finish, the body is alder and the neck is maple, thats the most i can remember!!!! lol

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Nice Creation, Jonathan, That came out pretty good even though Im not much into V's, Very Nice!
Are you going to put a nice JB logo on the headstock?

·
Super Moderator
9,711 Posts
What, you couldn't hand wind your own pickups?! I think theres a class at UC-Galway that teaches that.....only kidding ;)
Looks great, very nice job. I like the Rhoades look to it, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts