Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a small electric childrens guitar like the Squier Strat, or i think i saw one from Johnson??

Does anyone know anything about quality of these or has any other recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
They all seems ok in quality, I got a Fender Strat for my daughter only because how it's balanced, some of the other shapes make make it a bit top heavy and it didn't seem right when she was sitting down with the guitar in her lap.

I am also surprised at the tone this guitar has, unplugged it sound hollow and not impressive, but I was so surprised when I plugged it in to my rack, I had to tweak a bit, but what a sweet strat sound I got, it made me dial-in one of my Jems to try and get this sound.

Good luck with getting one...

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the squire bullet as my first guitar. It worked out just fine, you jsut gotta set em up rigtht and you ready to go. For anyone just starting out i think the quality would do just fine. I can still pick it up today, and it still play just fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, Gibson or Epiphone (I can't remember which one) makes those mini LPs and VeeWees, I think they call 'em. Edwards Guitars (a branch of ESP) also makes mini models of some guitars. I haven't run into any, though. =\

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
My first electric was a 1959 fender Musicmaster. A 3/4 size guitar which is a Duo-Sonic with only the neck pickup which was at a very different angle. It had a different sound too but it did sound great through an old Fender amp.

The thing was modded to hell - the bridge was replaced with a bridge that put the strings through the body and 2 string holder thingys (whatever you call them) were added to keep tension on the higher 4 strings to help keep it in tune.

But it worked!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I bought a Squier Mini Strat a few years ago to use while camping and on road trips. I upgraded the tuners to a set of Gotohs and slapped a DiMarzio rail humbucker into the bridge position. Much mojo for a few $. Here's a stock photo from the Fender Squire site.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
red5 said:
My first electric was a 1959 fender Musicmaster. A 3/4 size guitar which is a Duo-Sonic with only the neck pickup which was at a very different angle. It had a different sound too but it did sound great through an old Fender amp.

The thing was modded to hell - the bridge was replaced with a bridge that put the strings through the body and 2 string holder thingys (whatever you call them) were added to keep tension on the higher 4 strings to help keep it in tune.

But it worked!
Mine was a '77, and it was really cool. I bought it back off the guy I sold it to about 3 years ago, and I still love that guitar.

But you should definately buy the squire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts