Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christian has a Signature series 7 string model coming out from Jackson Guitars.
Christian designed the custom model with the people at Jackson and it will be available for the Namm Music Convention this summer.
Christian and Phil Demmel from Machine Head will be teaming up for a new advertising campain for the Jackson Guitar Company.

This will be interresting...the guitars he has now are beautiful. Can't believe he got a Signature guitar before Dino tho :lol:

Kim

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some of the specs:

There will be 5 different colors:

Black w/ Chrome hardware
Blue pearl red w/ black hardware
Dessert Camo w/chrome hardware
2 tone burst w/chrome hardware
natural w/ black hardware

the models with the black hardware will feature black binding and black logo.
the chrome haredware models will feature pearl binding and white or black logo.

the models will come with the foam piece above the nut just like Christian set his up on stage.

there is a favorite volume knob that Christian likes with extra grip for the ultimate volume handeling.

the model will be strung with Fender bullets nickelplated steels
010-052

We also hope to have a lefty availble.

I agree with the Dino model, I'd love one of them, but I wouldn't mind one of these too...I'm greedy :D

Kim

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like reversed headstocks...that's one of the reasons I ordered the SC607. But it would look awesome with a normal headstock too. They should make release his new Custom KingV Jacksons as sig models as well...that would be kool

Kim

·
Registered
210 Posts
8O Wow, that is seriously one beautiful guitar! I'm assuming it's standard scale length? I think it'd be great if they put out a standard scale and a baritone, like the Stephen Carpenter ESP's.

·
Registered
635 Posts
:D My kinda guitar. Oh so beautiful, and shiny black.

The foam string dampener is kinda stupid, IMO. Electrical tape works far better for dampening strings, plus not everyone wants their strings dampened.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wound said:
I like reversed headstocks...that's one of the reasons I ordered the SC607. But it would look awesome with a normal headstock too. They should make release his new Custom KingV Jacksons as sig models as well...that would be kool

Kim
i'm not saying i don't like reverse headstocks (i have a guitar with one), just that i don't like jackson headstocks reversed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MetalWarrior said:
i'm not saying i don't like reverse headstocks (i have a guitar with one), just that i don't like jackson headstocks reversed.
I agree the Jackson headstocks aren't the nicest around, but I don't mind em. :D

Kim

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apparently there will also be a SF green army version and a desert camo version.
The scale will be 25,5" which sux...I would prefer a 27" version...

Kim

·
Registered
297 Posts
I guess the body is alder? Jackson makes great guitars. I just got one of the 6 strings with the sustainer. I'd love to have one of these 7's. I don't think I'm allowed to purchase any more guitars, though.

How does he play like that? :lol:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Yeah, the neck looked REALLY narrow at the nut end to my eye, too. I had to do a double-take just to confirm that it was, in fact, a 7-string.

I'm guessing the foam behind the nut is to either mute any odd harmonics and overtones you might get from the strings resonating behind the nut, or maybe it's there to help prevent the strings from hopping out of the nut slots under heavy abuse.

That's one reason i like straight string pull from the nut to the tuner. Those angled headstocks splay the strings out on some pretty sharp angles from the nut, which could bind the strings up too much. I'd be worried about them popping out on a guitar without a locking nut. ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
The foam is there to keep those short sections of string behind the nut from vibrating. If you hit a note of the same pitch as those strings, they will vibrate (it's kinda a sitar effect), and if you have a lot of gain and compression, will, you hopefully see the problem :D . And when you're playing really fast, stacato stuff, you don't want any audible noise during your rests.

Thing is, on that reverse headstock, he only really needs to worry about the bottom four strings. I own a Jackson with a reverse headstock, so I've been able to test it. Those are the only strings long and thick enough to vibrate loud enough for the pickups to hear. He could just wrap a piece of electrical tape around the bottom four strings and be done with it. The piece of foam on all strings is overkill.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alll this information is from the FF forum, and I do believe it's posted by Christian himself. This is tha latest update:

these will be the models:

Desert Camo
SF Green
Red Blue Pearl
Black eye
The Natural
Mercury Burst

6 models

I asked him if they would make a 27" model:

that's why all the headstocks are reversed!
So it will give the guitar more tentsion for lower tunings.

it does the same trick without have to have a barriton 27 scale guitar!

And he also posted this:

man a Ibanez(japanese) is like a honda

a Jackson USA Custom shop is like a caddie!

ibanez uses cheap wood(basswood)

Zakk Wylde just got a randy roads from jackson and he was in tears!

Zakk shredds on your boy steve!
Don't even trip!

:lol:

Kim

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Heh. I dunno... maybe they did some experimentation and that's what they came up with, but in my experience with reverse headstocks, i found the exact opposite to be true.

With more string available behind a non-locking nut, there's more "wiggle room" for the strings to slide back and forth across the nut, resulting in a slightly looser feel when bending or doing vibrato on the lower strings.

Of course, the actual tension at pitch on the playable part of the string is absolutely no different. And you'll still have the same intonation problems. But there's no way a reverse headstock tightens up the low end the way a 27" scale does.

·
Banned
668 Posts
Yes. You're worried about the actual vibrating length of the string, not the total distance from tuner to bridge.

My apologies if this is frowned upon, but Christian can go straight to hell. His band sucks, and he obviously has no idea what he's talking about in regards to guitars.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts