Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this on the fear factory site recently and got some info for it from the FF forums, sounds nice :

http://www.fearfactory.com/html/index.htm?xtian.htm~mainFrame

It's apparently going to be available in the following colors :
Natural Mahogany
Black
Blue/pearl red
Gretsch green
Silverburst 2 tone (with a floyd rose trem)

and also a Camo finish is supposedly gonna be available. Price is estimated to be arnd $1000.

I wldn't mind getting one of these.:)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Awesome news, this is the 7 I have been waiting for! Especially that red 7string he plays. I love that guitar so much! I would part with $1000 for one defenitely. I would only get the blue pearl/red one though. That guitar completely does it for me! I have been looking at one of those for ages now!

Is there any rough date for release yet? Cant wait!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i'm definetly gonna look into getting one of these, i wonder when the other colors r gonna be available, blue pearl/red does sound nice, and these r for $799 which is a pretty decent price i think.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if it's gonna have a 27 inch scale.

(I always thot tht the guitars Christian used were all neck-thru, sadly this isn't:()

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah, the neck-thru would have been nice I must admit. And I think the price is great for what your getting. Your gettin an ebony board, EMG pickup, good hardware....Your gettin a good deal all round. I am going to get one - just a case of when, I will make a few enquiries today.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jst checked the new jackson price sheet, it's 1099 for the blk and 1499 for the camo :(...........i wonder how itll compare to the stephen carpenter 7 and 7 baritone, since its in the same price range.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I am quite impressed with the range of colour options. Christian only really plays the black and red ones live I believe, so I expected only those colours to be available. For the prices these are going for - I expect these to be very succesfull for Jackson. Especially considering the prices of Ibanez going up recently. I know you cant neccesarily compare the two, but I think Jackson are onto a winner here.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Battle-axe said:
Jst checked the new jackson price sheet, it's 1099 for the blk and 1499 for the camo :(...........i wonder how itll compare to the stephen carpenter 7 and 7 baritone, since its in the same price range.
But remember that is RRP. They wont be that price in a shop. Go to any dealer of them (VWall Guitars) and they wont cost that much I can garuantee.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah, that really would be somthing! But I cant see that ever happening apart from maybe a customshop creation that is in a limited run. Would be cool to see though!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I was jst checking out the other fixed bridge 7s available, it seems to me that the sc-607(b) or the new viper-407 seems like a much better deal than these christian wolber signatures. Both have EMG 81-7s (the viper also has a 707), they have the pleasant feature of a neck thru or a set neck (on the viper), plus with the binding, etc. they have a much nicer appearence. Tho it sure is gonna be confusin deciding between the sc-607, sc-607b, viper-407, schecter hellraiser C-7 and the jackson 7. At least theres some variety in the fixed bridge 7 section. :)

P.S. - I got a mail from scott at vwall guitars saying tht a baritone 7 is anticipated :D

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah, there are plenty of options this year at least! There is some good stuff coming out from other companies this year. I am defenitely going to look away from Ibanez a bit more this year - my tastes are changing a little now!

The SC607B is still soooo sweet though!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I couldn't make out the "Made in XXXXXX" sticker on the back of the photo he had of the camo 6-string on vwall's site, but at those prices, you can be fairly certain that these are made in Korea. This isn't a big deal to me, but i know it might be for some of you guys. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a TonePros bridge, though.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
If there was a few more features on there, like the neck-thru, TonePros bridge, it would be ideal. The made in Korea thing dont bother me at all, I aint fussed with all that stuff. There are a few little things here and there that are stopping me. I wish Ibanez made something more in my tastes though at the minute, but I aint afraid to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Jackson don't use Korea - USA, Japan and India.
At those prices you can wage on them being Japanese made guitars unless Fender have moved some production to Korea from this year..........

ilia

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Ug...painted neck.

Looks like a stripped-down, Jackson version of the Stephen Carpenter ESPs to me (EMG pickups, 7-string, carved-top Strat-ish body?). And you get better (in my opinion) features on the ESPs.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Battle-axe said:
I wonder if it's gonna have a 27 inch scale.

(I always thot tht the guitars Christian used were all neck-thru, sadly this isn't:()
He does use neck-thru's live.. but Signatures are never as good as the guitars artists play live... which kinda sucks, Christian is my fav guitarist, ill def be buying his guitars (yes, plural) :)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Two hands31 said:
Ug...painted neck.
Kind of what I was thinking, if I am to have a bolt-on (which I like the most anyway) I want minimum finish on the neck, rather than thick paint. It's a signature model though, so it's obviously the artist's choice...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts