Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a Washburn Dimebag guitar I'm getting repainted, I'd like to have the logo still on the headstock, but with the paintjob I want it's not possible.

I can however put the logo overtop of the paint as suggested by the painter.

I am trying to figure out how to reproduce the chrome logo on the headstock.

I can post pics once I get them uploaded, but FENDER is also using this technique as well.

the only problem with the washburn logo, is it's got very small writing underneath that says "dimebag darrell signature model" and I'd like to keep that as well. I know this is silly, but it's just for my own piece of mind!

anyhow, if anyone knows what they use, weather it's a vinyl or water transfer decal, or maybe it's a stencil and paint? I'm not sure.

please speak up!

thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i don't think it's a chrome logo, just reflective paint. Good luck in your search. I think any good custom painter will be able to duplicate the logo, or preserve it

·
Registered
817 Posts
MorbidAngel said:
Hello

I have a Washburn Dimebag guitar I'm getting repainted, I'd like to have the logo still on the headstock, but with the paintjob I want it's not possible.

I can however put the logo overtop of the paint as suggested by the painter.

I am trying to figure out how to reproduce the chrome logo on the headstock.

I can post pics once I get them uploaded, but FENDER is also using this technique as well.

the only problem with the washburn logo, is it's got very small writing underneath that says "dimebag darrell signature model" and I'd like to keep that as well. I know this is silly, but it's just for my own piece of mind!

anyhow, if anyone knows what they use, weather it's a vinyl or water transfer decal, or maybe it's a stencil and paint? I'm not sure.

please speak up!

thanks!

Chris
Well, on the 'Bay, they have some chrom ibanez logos, maybe you could ask the guy that sells it what type of material they use?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.