Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His comments from another forum (mods, sorry if this isn't allowed):

"So I bought a JS 100 and put in a fred and paf pro pickup then I rubbed down the headstock and body and sprayed it in clear coat then I treated them with chemicals and painted over it with 4 coats of clear coat.
I am a paint sprayer and the chrom look sits under the clear coat and does not come off or fade!!"

and:

"The whole process took me about 2 days to do I sealed first of all everything so nothing would interfere with the paint underneath!
Then I sprayed clear coat as perfect as possible because the chromlook will sit on the surface of it!
When I put the clear coat over the chromlook it turned slightly yellow so I put some violet in the clear coat to turn it chrome then 4 coats of clear to finish!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
man they look top sh*t! Bro! - I own a chrome boy & the guitar this guy did look's better!- i wonder how long the finish will last on the guitars?
good stuff anyway Bro! great to see there's dudes out there doing this to guitar's hope the rest of the Bro's on this site take note of what you can do to that ageing JS, JEM, UV or Other Guitars! this is what i have been taking about since i joined this site!
Open your eyes have a good look Bro's Gurj has just proved it! - thank you Gurj!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
jaken777 said:
man they look top sh*t! Bro! - I own a chrome boy & the guitar this guy did look's better!- i wonder how long the finish will last on the guitars?
good stuff anyway Bro! great to see there's dudes out there doing this to guitar's hope the rest of the Bro's on this site take note of what you can do to that ageing JS, JEM, UV or Other Guitars! this is what i have been taking about since i joined this site!
Open your eyes have a good look Bro's Gurj has just proved it! - thank you Gurj!
yea bro, i agree bro ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
He said "It does indeed look unbelievable the pics don't do it justice it's neither paint or plating it is a mixture of various chemicals coming together to form a chrome coat!
I am sworn to secrecy but I can tell you that pure silver is in the whole process!"

With that I know that he is using ether the ChromeFX system or hes quicksilvering it like a you would a mirror, Both use silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
HDS said:
He said "It does indeed look unbelievable the pics don't do it justice it's neither paint or plating it is a mixture of various chemicals coming together to form a chrome coat!
I am sworn to secrecy but I can tell you that pure silver is in the whole process!"

With that I know that he is using ether the ChromeFX system or hes quicksilvering it like a you would a mirror, Both use silver.
Looking at that German website, it really looks like the ChromeFX process.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
ryanb said:
Looking at that German website, it really looks like the ChromeFX process.
Yep aggreed, the steps they did are that of ChromeFX. But the system still is to costly for doing just one guitar. But we do know now that yes it can be done and look better then Ibanez's job.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top