Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Godfather of Death Metal died today 8 years ago. I saw a Dime thread like this, so I thought a Chuck one would be cool. Death is my all time favorite band. Any other Death/Control Denied fans here?

RIP Chuck

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow...8 years already...?!!
Chuck Schuldiner's death is terrible loss...!
I rememberthe time i bought my first Death's album..
The Sound Of Perserverance...and was blown away..! After that, got all the others.. ;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Death, along with Chuck, was probably the most soulful and genuine metal band that there ever was and probably ever will be. I don't know about you guys, but I can really feel the emotion when I listen to the music. Not many metal bands can do that.

Not to mention Chuck was one of the nicest guys there ever was. Check any youtube video or interview of him, there's even one where he is wearing a shirt with a bunch of kittens on it!

RIP

And not to be cynical or anything, but I really wonder how things would be if Chuck and Dime's deaths were reversed. Dime died of cancer in 2001 and Chuck got shot onstage in 2004 . Chuck got a whole bunch of sh*t like piles upon piles of signature guitars (that is shoved into everyone's faces everywhere you go) and pickups and a sig amp, while Dime just got a single solemn signature guitar in his memory.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If it wasn't for Chuck, I would've never got into death metal. Sometimes I wish he hadn't died, at least not at that time. With each album, Death was becomming more and more progressive and technical, something I like :p

... I'm gonna listen to The Sound of Perseverance album right now!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it wasn't for Chuck, I would've never got into death metal. Sometimes I wish he hadn't died...
True that! He's the reason why I got into death metal. Ever since I heard "Pull the Plug" when i was 12 or 13, I was hooked.

And magical muffin I totally agree. I can feel lots of emotion when I listen to them, especially the Human stuff like Flattening of Emotions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts