Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'd encourage interested parties to read the following magazine: English. Pour yourself a glass of your favourite tipple and spend some free evenings perusing. Needless to say, I learned a lot from reading them.

There's a couple of issues per year and they focus on a theme, whether it's an aspect of design, a particular builder (Torres is in #9), building in different countries (there's been Germany, France, Italy, Japan, US), or the history of the instrument. The photography is also excellent.

@Ashurbanipal

Need a double- or triple-like button to smash for your posts.

Those guitars are crazy. The sound quality is almost tangible just looking at the pics of them. That jazz is insane.
Cheers, mate ;). I wasn't expecting as much interest in this topic on here, but it's good to know there are others who like both Edge trems and nylon strings.

Yeah, the interior shots make you think you're looking into some fancy apartment!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd encourage interested parties to read the following magazine: English. Pour yourself a glass of your favourite tipple and spend some free evenings perusing. Needless to say, I learned a lot from reading them.

There's a couple of issues per year and they focus on a theme, whether it's an aspect of design, a particular builder (Torres is in #9), building in different countries (there's been Germany, France, Italy, Japan, US), or the history of the instrument. The photography is also excellent.

Cheers, mate ;). I wasn't expecting as much interest in this topic on here, but it's good to know there are others who like both Edge trems and nylon strings.

Yeah, the interior shots make you think you're looking into some fancy apartment!
Thanks for the link! When it comes to classical guitar print media (digital or actual print) I’ve lost touch with what still exists and what doesn’t.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mm, information is all over the place, as you might expect.

The American dealer/showroom Guitar Salon has a lot and heaps of demos of their stock, played by visiting pros: https://www.guitarsalon.com. If you go to the 'Museum' and 'Cleveland Collection', it has several examples from numerous important makers (some have serious pedigree). Siccas in Germany is similar: https://www.siccasguitars.com.

The Delcamp forum is interesting as well, several luthiers post there often, so there's lots of knowledge/experience shared.

I'm still trying to find a bunch of stuff, it's not easy, as some books were probably not printed in great quantity and the chances of them being digitized is not so high. People also write formal research (PhDs, academic articles) on musical instruments, but it's not always accessible. That said, it's still easier now than in pre-internet days. On the whole, it depends on the topic. If it's something about Torres, it'll be more mainstream, while on the vihuela de mano more obscure.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts