Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Do you like classical music?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do YOU like classical music? and i mean things like mozart, vivaldi, samuel barber, etc. . . . .

i personally love it. its all so complex yet soothing. my current favorite is the Samuel Barber Adagio for Strings, op.11. uncut

it really gets the mind going, you know?

this better for ya 6Fingers?

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Deja vu...

Love it but on small doses cause I love the "classical" sound of drums, bass and guitar, the acoustic sound of an orchestra starts to annoy me after 30 minutes.My dream come true about classical music would be an orchestra playing classics with Portnoy.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
I tend to listen to Radio 3 in the mornings on my drive to work, but that's about it. I have o be in the right mood. But I say that about all music...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Schönberg, Berg and Webern were the composers I wrote an essay about in school. Maybe because everybody else was writing about Mahler, Strauss and Debussy. Today, no I do not listen to classical music. No specific reason, really, I just prefer other music. To me classical music is best when you sit down to listen carefully.

(Classical music is at least as broad a genre as modern music, fits almost everything so it's impossible not to like any of it.)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im glad im not the only one!

does anybody here truely hate it?

and The Euphor is right, it fits in everywhere. i love when i hear some really heavy death metal song slow down into some dark, evil classical type stuff. it just fits

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I wasn't crazy about the Adagio for Strings...It's a little too slow and rigid for me!

Four seasons is more my style...Grabs you from the first note of Spring, and doesn't let up with the intertwined similar melodies...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wasn't crazy about the Adagio for Strings...It's a little too slow and rigid for me!

Four seasons is more my style...Grabs you from the first note of Spring, and doesn't let up with the intertwined similar melodies...

know whats funny? i was listening to that when you posted the link haha

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
My favorite is Dvorak.
I like Holst, Tchaikovski, and the Ludwig Von.
I like a lot of modern composers for film. Like it or not, they're the next evolutionary stage of the composer I think. Hans Zimmer and John Williams are particularly bad ass.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

Speaking of contemporary..John Barry is the man!

I think with any song, classical or otherwise it all starts with the melody! And John Barry to me always nailed it!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

Speaking of contemporary..John Barry is the man!

I think with any song, classical or otherwise it all starts with the melody! And John Barry to me always nailed it!
He really knew how to create an atmosphere within his music , shame about his recent demise .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm pretty new to classical music. I sometimes work with the LA Phil and have had the opportunity to see Gustavo Dudamel lead the LA Phil a few times and it's pretty incredible. His residency at the Walt Disney Concert Hall is ending this weekend and I'd definitely say that the show is a great mix of music both classic and contemporary, and all of it very accessible for someone who's new to classical. There's still some tickets available so hopefully I'll see some of my fellow music-loving Angelenos at the shows. http://www.laphil.com/dudamel

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love classical music, metal, blues, and rock. Combine metal and classical and it's omg.

I dislike pop (more like detest), most rap, and country.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I really don't like Classical music, but appreciate the technical skill it takes to perform it. As for guitar music - Flamenco is the most technically difficult, and isn't as boring as Classical guitar in comparison...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts