Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 1989 RG 570 and it's got little scratches all over....nothing serious, you can only see them if you inspect it under light. There's also a few chips and dings on it. But there's also some noticeable scratches on it, not big though, but they're there. I was wondering what is the best way to clean the body? And is there a polish or varnish or something to go into the scratches to hide them? (I dont know what to call it).

My neck could use a good cleaning too....I'll post pics of what I'm trying to explain

I used the search but couldn't find anything, I thought this would be the appropriate place to ask this.

sorry for the crappy photography, and the pics are kinda big too : /
pics:

Thats my neck...dunno what kind of cleaner to use

Theres a bit of a scratch or dent by the edge of the paint..its kind of hard to see....

You can see the scratch clearly in this one..its not as bad as it looks though heh

Theres a scratch/dent near the top left of the humbucker

And this is my guitar :) (I took off the knobs)

The pics arent that great at showing it but you get the idea

These scratches are kinda driving me nuts :S Id appreciate any help guys :D

BTW I bought the guitar like this...it plays perfectly, the scratches are only cosmetic

·
Registered
510 Posts
getting a buffing pad attachment for a drill and go over with 3m rubbing compound. other wise, there isn't really a way to get rid of scratches, unless you re did the clear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts