Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after renting for awhile and posting here regarding a home a couple months ago we finally found our first home. after months of looking and not really having any $$$ to work with, it is all working out. we have a great broker, great attorney, and found a great home. granted, the 3 bed 2.5 bath we saw a few months ago for $209 was out of our range and a long shot. it was a decent size and built in 1979.

the one we found is built in 1996! it is really nice and clean and looks brand new. 2 beds, not 3 like the other home, and 1.5 baths with garage. no basement for guitars or studio but there is a loft area overlooking the living room i can use. i will figure out a way to fit it all in and it will work. we love this one and it's newer and $35k less.

just wanted to let you know. excited and nervous but more excited.

here are a couple shots.

www.steverotter.com/room1.JPG

www.steverotter.com/room2.JPG

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! one of the walls will have guitars on it...probably up in the loft area. that's what we're thinking now anyway....it was actually her idea. cool.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
congratulations.

first home is a big deal, and that looks like a nice one.

i've been in my first home a year this month. i built though, so i have a dedicated guitar studio!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damo, that's way cool ! that will be my target with the next home! is it a recording studio or a guitar practice room?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
hopefully a little of both, but more a practice room, i guess.

i have a pc set-up in there running adobe audition, a couple of mics. when i was building it i had the walls heavily insulated for a bit of additional soundproofing. also, the room is an irregular shape to cut down on unwanted reverb.

i have most of my guitars hanging on the walls in there. it's a work in progress. i'm going to install some recessed lighting to show off my children a little better.

big question is what do i do for wall space if i keep acquiring guitars!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts