Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed PAF, Fred, 3-way inline toggle, one volume, two mini-toggles (to coil tap each pickup).

See my illustration attached.

It sounds great when I use either full humbucker alone.

It sounds great when I use either full humbucker and with the other humbucker tapped to single.

It sounds great when I have both full humbuckers.

IT SOUNDS BAD WHEN:
When I am set to a single coil (on either pickup), the volume drops extremely low, almost non-existant.

IT ALSO SOUNDS BAD WHEN:
When I set the 3-way toggle to the middle and tap both humbuckers.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't quite understand your diagram. Looks like your toggle switch is in between the two coil of the hb. When you switch to off, you disconnect the black and yellow wire and separate the two coil of the hb.

If so, of cause it won't work, you cut the two coils apart and you open the circuit. there are a lot of wiring diagrams here, do a search and find the one you want.

If I am right the black and yellow is in the middle, the simplest way is to connect the two wires together and to one side of the switch, the other side of the switch connect to the body of the volume pot( ground). then if you switch to "on" position, you grounded the black/yellow junction and you get one of the split coil sound.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.