Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally it looks as though I am taking a trip from the land down under to the U.S in September.

I have picked this time in consideration of the weather, most guitar factories should be open and the NFL season is on.

I am entering the US through LA, visiting The Fender Factory and a few bits and pieces, then over to New York for the Jets / Buffalo Bills game (more on that in a minute), through to Washington and the. Back to Australia via Hawaii.

Now I am trying to get tickets to the Jets game, where is the best place to get them and where is the best place to sit at the game?

Finnally where are the must visit guitar shops in LA, New York and Washington?

Be great to catch up for a beer with any Jemsiters too if anyone is interested.

-Wolfram

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I found a nice strip where the hollywood rock walk of fame is, and there are some good shops up and down that street. Think Mesa is also on that street but cant remember

Obviously let the LA folk give the real tips..

Iv been to the USA a few times and in my opinion MIAMI is where its at :p try and get down there if you can

Have fun :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I don't live in LA so I can't give you the inside scoop, but I need to get down to Mesa and Carvin shops in Hollyweird (I live up in the Santa Barbara area)... I'd love to cruise down meet up for a beer if we can figure out the sched Wolf!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Wolfram, if you come to Washington DC, you definitely want to stop at Chuck Levins and maybe the GC in Rockville, MD.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I am planning on going back to Aus with at least one guitar, a couple of pedals, some pickups and other assorted parts :)

-Wolfram

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't live in LA so I can't give you the inside scoop, but I need to get down to Mesa and Carvin shops in Hollyweird (I live up in the Santa Barbara area)... I'd love to cruise down meet up for a beer if we can figure out the sched Wolf!
Sound great, I have rough dates lined up at the moment, but the exact dates will become clearer once I have lined up the tickets for the Jets game ( supposed to be on the 22nd of Sep in NY). I will be in LA about 5 days prior to that.

-Wolfram

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
you should type into google maps guitar store etc.. and it should show you exactly which ones, and you can walk down the street and check out what they have in the windows.. heheheh Iv done it a few times before traveling and it helped me to familiarise myself with what i was looking for ..

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
you should type into google maps guitar store etc.. and it should show you exactly which ones, and you can walk down the street and check out what they have in the windows.. heheheh Iv done it a few times before traveling and it helped me to familiarise myself with what i was looking for ..
thats a good idea!LOL although who knows how old thet street shots are. When I look up my house its still the color it was before I repainted 4 yrs ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts