Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is.... this is a blonde but is there different types of blondes? She is a pretty light hue of pink.

Thanx

Cheers
Tania

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No intent tl be misleading, this ones not mine, bit mine is identical. These pics were used as I cant get as clear as shots. Ive been told it may be a blonde wash too :)

Thanks

Cheers
Tania

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
mary kaye's are a bit whiter than that, but have the same transparent quality about them.

hate to say it, but your strat doesn't exist ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damo7v said:
mary kaye's are a bit whiter than that, but have the same transparent quality about them.

hate to say it, but your strat doesn't exist ;)
hehehehe funni man

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
That's a Mary Kaye, a really nice Ash strat reissue. That shade of transparent blonde on Ash was only available on the Mary Kayes. These are a favorite of mine, BTW. Through some Fralins in her, and it will certainly rule :D

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Judging from your pic of the route, this was probably a milk-white see-through blonde that has tinged over time. I recall Fender having problems with the inside of the cases bleeding into the lighter finishes for a period of time.
I like the color- makes it special.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd say Mary Kaye/Blonde also, after an exhaustive search I can not find the reason for the pink hue. It did NOT bleed from the case fabric, as mine has, because the colour is consistent underneath the guard. However, if it happens to have a "Special Edition" inscription on the back of the headstock, it IS true ... there are colours and models that didn't exist. Fender made guitars in runs of 150 or so, at different times, that are not documented publicly - only identifiable by company reps. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts