Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was tired of watching conversations like who likes metal can't like pop music,Star Wars fans cannot like Star Trek etc.
People who have their minds trapped in a concrete block.
While playing an acoustic guitar at the beach the main riff came to my fingers.
Jemsite ........................beam me up ;)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10190037

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some guys are asking me what amp I used.
Lead tone is a triaxis but right after I sold it to buy a newer one so rhythm guitars were recorded with GT10 direct to puter.
As soon as I get a newer triaxis I'll re-record them ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I only like Star Wars, so obviously I cannot like this! Maybe if you redid this with a bit more of a Mos Eisley Cantina feel! ;) :razz:

Very good, as always! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I really enjoyed that a lot, like more than anything new I've heard in the last decade. It was extremely refreshing. Also I am trying to start writing my own music so it was inspiring in many ways. Thanks for sharing!

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I really enjoyed that a lot, like more than anything new I've heard in the last decade. It was extremely refreshing. Also I am trying to start writing my own music so it was inspiring in many ways. Thanks for sharing!
Really thanks van.
Having somebody saying my music could possible inspire him to start making his own music worths more than 1 billion dollars(hey but I want it lol).
Even if you've said "hey I hate your music so I need to create better music" still at least we'd have more new music to listen.
Go for it man,the first step is starting;)
Learn music theory then practice on different instruments like keyboard,bass etc.
That will show you how those instruments sounds and how they could be part of your music.
You don't need to be a shredder or something,the majority of music we all like is all about good melodies so as long as your music has melody,there'll be always people paying attention.
Keep in mind the best talent a musician could have is personality,we all sometimes sound like our "idols",there's no scape of that but you can mix all your influences and make them sound like you.How to achieve that?Hmn no formula,it shows up when you're ready.
Just..................start :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement.. I've been playing for close to 15 years now and have gone through many phases, I'm finally at the point where I feel like I'm ready to create instead of just imitate. I played other instruments before guitar and come from a musical family so I have a decent understanding of theory, but never had enough patience to do anything creative with it. I wrote a few chord progressions in the last couple days and am really looking forward to developing them into something unique and expressing some real emotion.

Funny that you said
You don't need to be a shredder or something,the majority of music we all like is all about good melodies
because when I was listening to your song I was thinking that the faster technical parts were almost detracting from the song because the melodies and style were good enough without any flair (reminded me of some early Satch stuff on the Time Machine album..), but you pulled off the licks well enough that it worked anyway :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well,you do inspire me to. Awesome playing and songwriting + best production i heard from a non signed in a while. Ez!

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well,you do inspire me to. Awesome playing and songwriting + best production i heard from a non signed in a while. Ez!
Having my music inspiring somebody to play guitar or compose his own music at any level is more than I could ever ask...............................well money would be cool too lol

If I was rich I'd send you a ferrari but as I'm not,the only thing i can send you is..............

THANK YOU

·
Registered
51 Posts
Having my music inspiring somebody to play guitar or compose his own music at any level is more than I could ever ask...............................well money would be cool too lol

If I was rich I'd send you a ferrari but as I'm not,the only thing i can send you is..............

THANK YOU
That will do. I am quite satisfied,bro.
But if you ever get stinking rich: send me a nice JEM ; )

Peace!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts