Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to jemsite but, I love all the content. I have templates for an ibanez rg i'm building from scratch. I have the shape cut but i don't know the angle of the contouring around the arm rest area or how to do the contouring to Ibanez spec.

Can some one give me some kind of tip on this?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
My 7 string RG's contour takes about half the bodys thickness out at its lowest point which is halfway around the curve of the body. From that point it runs in about 2.5" towards the bridge ,following a radial of the curve . At its widest (where the contour starts ) it is 7" across. the back end of the crest is about 1.5" from the strap button). It's not flat- it is a bit convex i would guess r=15 ". (Wild guess at best.) But really - do it to feel, that's what I'm going to do with my next build.

Hope this helps some
Scott

·
Registered
479 Posts
can you share some information on the templates? Where did you get them? Do you have info on the AANJ pocket specs? Good luck. I agree with the other posters that the forearm cut should be done for comfort. I will take measurements of my RG if you wish, though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not familiar with acad. Is it possible that other programs will read in an acad template?? My google searching led me to believe that acad is autocad... I have autocad experience, for sure. I can certainly remove the monkey grip is it is an autocad file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.