Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you see the subject. I don't want any specs, I want your honest convincing opinions about the guitar.

My js has a rosewood fingerboard...JEM7vwh with ebony fingerboard still exists?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
jimbojim said:
JEM7vwh with ebony fingerboard still exists?
nope.

so many words have been written on this forum about the virtues of the 7vwh. do a search.

it's a dealer's job to convince you. go play one.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Don't do it. Everyone else here alrady owns one, resist peer pressure.

Besides, it doesn't have 7 strings. ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I agree with Drew, It doesn't have 7 strings,,,,however having owned one I say approach with extreme caution. The white jem is by far the ultimate 6 string. It will forever change your view of what a 6 should sound and feel like. I've been without mine for a couple of years now and miss her deeply ( Dita was her name ). Ever since no other 6 string has compared. I've played several other RG's, Jackson, Schecters etc.... and nothing has the Mojo that a Jem7VWH has. So just be prepared for a possible life changing experience if you do get one.

~A

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I played one quite extensively and I can't say that I have the same opinion about it as other people on this forum. Granted, it is a great guitar with a great feel but I honestly don't think that it's worth $2000 or $1800 or whatever price you can find it for. But honestly, the only bad thing that I can say about it is the price tag. If you can get one used for a better price, then more power to you. Since they're signature Prestige models, they should hold their value quite well so you would do well to get one and hold on to it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Go and play it.

Then make up your own opinion.

If you love it (which you will lol - i know,i have one) then buy it, if it feels good to you and you like the sound then it doesn't matter what we think :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
If you want ebony, look used for a 2003 or earlier. If it's not that big of a deal and you buy new, the resale value on Jems is as good as you will see for a new guitar these days...

I have an '03. No complaints about it whatsoever! Wouldn't part with it for a threesome with Angelina Jolie and J Lo!

·
Registered
315 Posts
personally i'd take a js1000 over a jem7vwh,

but if you alrady have a js1000, buy the jem.. we only live once.

if they let you have a threesome with Angelina Jolie and J Lo in exchange, go for it and never look back. if you take a piece of wood over a piece of ass you are one strange dude:)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Get an RG8670 instead!! I got a Jem 7dbk and a 2005 Jem 7VWH in my shop and I still find the RG8670 better. (it's probably harder to find though :sad: )

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah, i'd say the same.
Get a high-end Prestige RG or a J-Custom.

You won't look like a Steve Vai wannabe then either.:)

·
Registered
937 Posts
There's nothing wrong with being a Steve Vai wannabe!

Afterall, Korn's guitarists used Universes in their work and they have never been conpaired to the master of the seven (thank god!).

A JEM7VWH is a very versatile beast! You can have the rocky tones of the bridge humbucker, or you can sit back and get a nice bluesy tone from the single coils and such.

The trems i've played are great. I'd probably prefer the '05 ones because it means i don't need to snip all my strings, but that's personal opinion.

The necks i tried are very nice and accessable. You won't be having any trouble at all reaching high up. The cutaway is really quite deep.

I'm not going to try and persuade you to buy it. Go along to a dealer, sit in a room with a JEM, J-custom (if they have them) and a high-end Prestige RG. Whichever one you like, buy. And ask to try a brand-new one. There's no point in trying one model, then buying another one that's boxed in their warehouse. Buy the one you try as that's the one you're going to fall in love with.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Ralph khoury said:
simple as it is: GO PLAY ONE ;)
That's what it took for me. I played a Universe and it was mad easy to play. Being as I do not believe in invading the bassists territory and thus have no use for a 7 string, I made it an effort to play some jems.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I can't imagine needing to be convinced to buy a Jem7VWH. If I could convince them to make a lefty version nobody could stop me from buying one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.