Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Should I or not?

• Yes you should go for this opportunity.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No I do not think it is a good idea.

Votes: 11 55.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so i want to sell my S470DXQM, and with that money, buy the s540 from evil bay for $1100 aud. Do you think i would be able to sell mine for like $1100 or $1000? Now heres the big thing. My mum isn't letting me do it. The paypay is under her name and the money would come out of her account untill i can pay her back. So, Tell me what you think in the poll below. By the way I was going to upgrade the pups anyway so i figure a japanese s series with good pickups. (Tone zone air norton and hs)
Tell me why. and hurry as bidding ends real soon.

·
Registered
281 Posts
dont do it unless your mom allows you too, if anything goes wrong your mom wotn support you. Evilbay brings alot of trouble and thats why its called "evil"bay

·
Registered
589 Posts
First of all - If your mum says no it means it is not a good idea. Mums are usually very very right so trust what she says.

On the other hand, Are you sure abot the prices? AUD1100 (USD835) for a S470 or a S520 sounds very very high. I would not pay half that money for anyone of them.

My suggestion - Use your current guitar (which is good enough) and get a really good one once you are older and have a job to pay for it. You'll think it twice if it is your money ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I didnt mean should i do it against my mum, i meant is it a good idea? I mean i would be effectivley trading the korean s with pickups i was going to upgrade to a japanese s with upgraded pickups and a lo pro edge tremolo. and btw prices here in australia are wayyyy to high. can new s540's be purchased in america? cause they sure cant be here.
Btw i worked as a chemist boy for a while and thats how i bought the s470dxqm, all my muchas.
The s series is the fastest guitar for my hands, i love it and seeing that ibanez have stopped making them in japan, They are a dying breed. My gtar lacks sustain and i am getting new pups regardless. I'll be paying for these aswell, im not getting mum to pay for it or anything. So i could either get new pickups for the guitar i have, $300aud or do this swap to the same guitar, older, a little beat up, witha better trem and its japanese made, for even less money!! it doesent make sense.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Your better off with an older s-series guitar that has dimarzio ibanez pickups. i dont care what anyone says the pickups are fine and it would be perfect for you needs.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
Your better off with an older s-series guitar that has dimarzio ibanez pickups. i dont care what anyone says the pickups are fine and it would be perfect for you needs.
Such as?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
there'll be other guitars you simply "must have" after this one is gone. if you're really that keen for a change, sell your current guitar and then buy the next one. that way you can show your mum what you would've gotten for it. as it stands now, she only has the word of an excitable G.A.S sufferer!

btw, did your mum buy you your current S? it could be that it means something to her...

·
Registered
115 Posts
sniperfrommars1 said:
Of course we all hear things differently and look for a different sound, but I believe many of players here including myself would disagree with that. The stock Ibanez pickups lack clarity and finesse, which is very apparent as soon as you replace them with something decent.

Regards,

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts