Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah, he is pretty good. Quite versatile in his techniques I will give him that much. People in Japan go crazy for that kind of stuff, thats probably why the audience were going insane. Very versatile player though by the looks of it!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Algiman said:
Very Malmsteen-esque tone too, considering the guitar involved.
Yeah, I did notice that it wasnt the "typical" JEM tone. Or what I would have called a JEM tone anyways. But he is the sort of person that could play anything, e.g. Metal, Rockabilly, Country, Jazz. He just seems to have that fusion of styles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You really have to watch this video all the way through. I was about to click away after a minute thinking "oh no, another half-baked Eruption clone", but it gets fun, especially at the end.

And there is melody. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, but can he play this?!!!

G C
--7--8----10----8---7----|12--13----15----13----12-------
--8-10----12---10---8----|13--15----17----15----13------
-------------------------|---------------------------------

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
JoeJoe said:
It gets more interesting after the first 30 secs;)
You were right it does get better, especially the guitar as a piano bit - although the first bit of it sounded just like "Right here waiting for you" by Ricahrd Marx

Just imagine what the guy in the white t shirt says at parties when somebody says "What do you do?" and he says "oh nothing too exciting, I'm a guitar stand for a rather round Malaysian dude!" :)

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
smash said:
Yeah, but can he play this?!!!

G C
--7--8----10----8---7----|12--13----15----13----12-------
--8-10----12---10---8----|13--15----17----15----13------
I can ....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Impressive playing, very monotnous though.

I swear I think this guy ripped off some backing solo's to some Morbid Angel tracks :lol:

The guitar looked huge on that guy, but what I laughed at the most was how he was bobbing his head to make it look like he was just 'rocking out' with his fancy tricks. too funny

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.