Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

First tell that i used the search thing but no answer to my question,so thanks in advance to all the people that read this and try to help me.

I own a 2001 Ibanez RG620x, this is the old model that have the 2 positions mini switch where you can select or the magnetics pickups or the piezo sound.

If i am not wrong, in 2002 Ibanez add a 3 position mini switch where you can select: the magnetics pickups, the piezo sound and mix both together.

My question is:

Could i change the 2 position switch of my 2001 RG620x to a 3 position switch (on/on/on) without any mod like in the 2002 Rg620x? is the LR Baggs board the same in both models?

If i can do this change or upgrade to my guitar, how must i wire the board with the new 3 positions mini switch?

Thanks so much again for read this, and if someone did before this or know how to do it, i will be very thankful for the help.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help buddroyce but today, thanks to the member horstausmforst i knew that my guitar is not a RG620x, it is a strange RG520x, so your advice will not works with my guitar.

Anyway thanks so much for your answer and your time helping me.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Thanks for your help buddroyce but today, thanks to the member horstausmforst i knew that my guitar is not a RG620x, it is a strange RG520x, so your advice will not works with my guitar.

Anyway thanks so much for your answer and your time helping me.
I'm pretty sure if you wire it up like a newer 620x it will work dude.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts