Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from London - my first post. I've just acquired a used but excellent condition RGA 121 NTF and like it very much. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. To perfect the intonation on the G string, I'd ideally like to give it another half turn or more on the bridge adjustment. However the moving part (saddle?) is at its maximum displacement and can't move any more. Any options here?

2. The volume control is well used and moves very easily at the slightest touch. Hence vigorous playing can result in unexpected volume changes. Any adjustments possible here to make it stiffer, or do I need a new pot? What size/taper is it?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Before adjusting intonation, always fit new strings and stretch them in well. Check/adjust the neck relief/truss rod and then the action followed by the intonation.If you still can't intonate the G string properly you either have to live with it or intonate all the other strings to match the G as long as it's barely noticable to the ear as opposed to a tuner !!! As for the volume pot try a felt washer under the volume knob to give a bit more resistance. Good luck !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts