Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a Jim Dunlop Cry baby GCB-95. I haven't used it much, but recently pulled all my pedals out and started playing with them. I fired up the Wah last night and am noticing the transition from low end to high is very sudden with most of the wah sound at the top end pushing the pedal in the upwards position.

I guess what I am saying is or trying to say is that the play on the pedal to get it to Wah is very short... moving the pedal back and forth not all the way back and it almost is quacking rather than getting a nice smooth whhhhaaaaaaa! from the pedal in the back position to top.

If I have the pedal in a down or back position with the treble down I can practically move the pedal up in the forward postion over 3/4's of the way with no change in tone, then the last 1/4 or 1/3 of the way QWACK!

Is this common for the pedal, am i doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? Is it possible the tone pot in mine is a dud.. Suggestions?

Thanks,

JD

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's pretty common in Wah pedals for that potentiometer to go bad. You can buy replacements for fairly cheap through Mammoth Electronics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts