Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded my RG2027X for 2 epis (and 500U$S), both Zakk Wylde models. One of them is a custom made Rebell, and the other one is a regular Zakk Wylde model. Both guitars came with HSC.

Here are the pics of them:

What do you think of the customized standard?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It used to had them! (but I removed them, I dont like how they look on the guitar)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
some bottle caps? how about half a store worth?
lol
very cool man, but I would of kept the Ibanez and offered the $500 for the bullseye, :)
Dont worry, I have several Ibanez.

I dont think you get how the trade worked

I gave:

uncased RG2027X

I got:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (custom Zakk Wylde refinish)

500USD

2 hard shell cases

The trade was pretty good IMHO.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Nice score although I would've never traded the RG 2027X for those, never in a million years, even if you got cash +, oh well, to each his own, the LPs are nice though, congrats. ;)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Dont worry, I have several Ibanez.

I dont think you get how the trade worked

I gave:

uncased RG2027X

I got:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (custom Zakk Wylde refinish)

500USD

2 hard shell cases

The trade was pretty good IMHO.
Now I wouldnt do that personally cause im gassing for a S series. But you got a good deal you made out actually. I know Ibanez this Ibanez that. But sometimes a Ibanez just wont do..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice score although I would've never traded the RG 2027X for those, never in a million years, even if you got cash +, oh well, to each his own, the LPs are nice though, congrats. ;)
I bought the 2027X to sell it (bought it for U$S1350). It was a NOS guitar at a discount price. A great deal indeed, but I really had no use for it. I really enjoy playing 6 strings guitars a lot more (I just feel more "at home"). Besides I also have the Custom JPM 7 string.

The epis on the other hand are going to be played, because I dont have any other Les Pauls.

So, look at it this way, I made a good deal, I have a replica of the coolest guitar in Zakk`s arsenal, and there is a happy new owner of an RG2027 who is actually going to play that guitar!

Everybody is happy! ;)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Yeah, you made out good, i'd say. It's just me, i'd prefer an Ibanez 7, especially that particular model which are rare, over the LPs, but like you said, you're more a 6-string player plus you already have an impressive collection of beautiful custom made Ibanez guitars so definately, a nice score on your part as well as his. :)

By the way, you'll have to post an updated family pic of all your guitars soon. ;)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I ll do so soon, I sold several guitar so now I have 10. But Im probably going to do a couple of trades, so when Im finished (for the moment) Ill take a couple of pics

·
Registered
817 Posts
oh, damn
you got a GREAT DEAL!
Zakk Wylde model $799.99
standard $399.99
shave off the price cause they were used, still its about $1,000, PLUS you got $500, so thats rougly $1,500, and the Ibanez cost you $1,350, thats $150 you, uh, made?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Loving the Custom LP you have; I recently got the Epi Buzzsaw and love it to bits, not as good as my wolfgang though. :D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Those two are nice. The real Rebel is more chipped rather than "belt sanded" but as you said you removed the bottle tops etc I guess you're not bothered about authenticity too much. Will you be replacing the 04 with 01 and do you have plans to put EMG's on it ?

Ben

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
oh, damn
you got a GREAT DEAL!
Zakk Wylde model $799.99
standard $399.99
shave off the price cause they were used, still its about $1,000, PLUS you got $500, so thats rougly $1,500, and the Ibanez cost you $1,350, thats $150 you, uh, made?
You are thinking about US prices, AND you are forgeting both HSC AND the custom paint job.

That paint job would cost you around 300USD in the USA, and each HSC would cost you 100USD in the USA so by your logic, I would ve made 2K for the RG2027X.

Finally, I did this particular trade because I love the custom paint work, and the bullseye pattern, not to make a huge profit. Its a good deal; just that, not a GREAT deal or a steal, or nothing close to it, but then again its not the main reason why i did it (I dont plan to sell this epis).

Eggy, About the 04 and the EMGs, well, Im no fan of the EMGs... I think the only mods Im going to make are: Gibson pu 490 and 498 and grover tuners

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Yeah, I ll do so soon, I sold several guitar so now I have 10. But Im probably going to do a couple of trades, so when Im finished (for the moment) Ill take a couple of pics
don't forget he also got two cases.

i like the custom rebel one. i might have to consider it for one of my projects in the next few months on an Ibanez (i live in FL and play alot of southern Rock) right after i do a swirl, Jager RG and a Dali or Picasso topped RG.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got 2 gibons pups (490 and 498). Since they are both gold, I will have to install them in the bullseye, therefore, the custom Rebell will receive the EMGs and will look a little closer to the real Rebell.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really like the rebel one. I have owned many epi pauls and the Zakk Custom is my Fav. A Good Deal is not only defined by Monetary Gain but ones own happiness.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts