Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just put in a custom guitar order at ET guitars, (they're up on the ad banner at the top of the page. What you think??

I also need sum help with choosing the inlay materials. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Very sweet looking! It looks like you're going with an ebony fretboard? I'd make sure that the stem part of the vine is a bright maple. I like it a lot the way you have it, although if it were me I'd use real MOP for the large leaves and get a bit more color than the stock Ibanez plastic stuff. For the small leaves, I'd stick with abalone, but get much higher quality, more colorful stuff than the standard Ibanez. Something like the stuff Suhr uses for their logos. I might go for some sort of abalone headstock logo as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking somthing along the lines of a Jem 10. I tryed putting a 7vwh fretboard on it and it came out looking too white.. it didnt loook too good... What else is out there that is similar to abalone?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
That looks cool. I see a coffee-colored flame maple for the inlay to tie into the flame body, but just about anything will look good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh i thought about that at one point... thought it was a lil overkill??
Its going to be a Koa Top btw, not maple

·
Registered
340 Posts
Personally if it were me I would put the jack on the edge of the body and space out the controls more. Also would get rid of the pickguard and the inlay all together. There is a lot going on there, but if you like it it's your custom. As for an inlay material that is similar to abalone and pretty bright you could do paua it is quite nice. Here is what it looks like.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like it! Not so much for the "Vine" Inlay myself. Would look really great w/matching HS Veneer to match the Body. Fine looking concept geetar though!

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Personally if it were me I would put the jack on the edge of the body and space out the controls more. Also would get rid of the pickguard and the inlay all together. There is a lot going on there, but if you like it it's your custom.
In other words = Please change everything hahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thankss,
Im not too much of a dropped Tune kinda guy thou :p
Never really liked reverse Strat headstocks either...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts