Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used Ibanez that I'd like to do some research on. It's my first Ibanez so I don't know that much about the history yet. Is it possible to determine the year it was made from the serial #? It's a custom made instrument so it has no model printed on it. It was made in Hollywood, CA and seems like an S series with a humbucker and 2 singles. Anybody got any ideas on how I can find out more about this new axe as the lady I bought it from was clueless?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
beaucottle said:
I picked up a used Ibanez that I'd like to do some research on. It's my first Ibanez so I don't know that much about the history yet. Is it possible to determine the year it was made from the serial #? It's a custom made instrument so it has no model printed on it. It was made in Hollywood, CA and seems like an S series with a humbucker and 2 singles. Anybody got any ideas on how I can find out more about this new axe as the lady I bought it from was clueless?
This sounds like a regular s series. Alot of these guitars were branded with a *custom made* inlay on the fretboard. The serial number is useful depending on the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts