Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's for replying, the Monkey Grip is not finished yet, neither are the wiring, pot and neck bolt holes. And the tremolo ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry about the double post...

Hm, Im kinda wondering about that trem claw cavity... might not be big enough, but I cant get a real good look at it to tell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know a JEM with a set neck? And the tremolo cavity is just the right size (I'm not making it with the Lion Claw).

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Do you know a JEM with a set neck?" Not that I can remember off hand, but it would be pretty unique. My opinion is if you are making a custom job, make it a little different than the original... Hmmm, do you have the right neck (mainly the fretboard)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I don't, but I will make it exactly with the Wizard II specs, because that's what is on my RG350EX and I like it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If it were a single piece body, I would tell you to leave it clear, but since it isn't the case, I'd go with the blue one. Dunno why, but blue jems look nice for some reason.

Anyway, nice project :) I wish I was able to build my own stuff too...so many ideas *sigh*

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Might be something like this when ready, but I really don't know. I need help with choosing the colour.
I'd go with this red in a stain or dye so you can see the wood grain. That would look very 3D especially if you had a nice clear coat over it.

Loking forward to seeing progress on this one. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts