Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pic of this guitar was posted by Zero a couple of months ago. The guitar was amazing but there was no way to find it. Its made by an argentinian luthier called Daniel (I recently bought another guitar made by him). It appeared for sale in an auction site last week. It lasted about 30 minutes there... until I saw it:

She's lying in my bed now!

Here is a close up without flash:

And here are a couple of pics with the other 2 signatures I had custom made for me in Mexico. Ibanez wont build them so...

Finally the other guitar made by Daniels, coupled by 2 other custom guitars made by 2 other argentinian luthiers. The other thing in common is that the 3 of them have THICK figured maple tops (bird eye, flamed and quilted. So here are the "maple tops":

The one in the middle is the other guitar made by Daniel's that I recently bought.

Hope you like them

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
ok lets get this out of the way first and formost..

YOU EVER SELL THAT GUITAR YOU PM ME FIRST..

now that we got that out of the way all I can say is WOW...

ok im going to clean the drool off my table be back in a little while..

:)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
The inlay works on the JPM is amazing, but the sparkle finish make it looks like a pimp guitar.

Is the PGM totally custom made for you? because I saw Ibanez logo on the headstock, Is it illegal to put Ibanez logo on the custom made guitar?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The metal flake finish is gorgeous !!! I'm a big fan of holoflake type finishes too...........and I'm not a pimp btw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish Ibanez would come up with something similar, a lot of their current colour options are not very exciting. A J Custom in bright yellow with matching headstock and birds eye maple neck and fretboard would do me nicely !!!! Dare to be different guys !!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wow Roman! Congratulations man, nice to see you are appreciating Daniel's work as well. I should be getting my custom in a month as well. Can't wait!

Your collection looks great as usual ;)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
zEr0 said:
Wow Roman! Congratulations man, nice to see you are appreciating Daniel's work as well. I should be getting my custom in a month as well. Can't wait!

Your collection looks great as usual ;)
Thank you for posting this guitar in the first place! After I saw it I knew it was a matter of time..... The flamed maple guitar is also amazing. The prices of this guitars in argentina is VERY affordable, specially if you buy them used, since there is no "custom guitar" market. I paid 650USD for the flamed maple Daniels, wich features abalone inlays in freatoard and headstock, bird eye maple neck and fretboard, schaller locking tuners, seymour duncan and Fender pups.

The neckthroough Parker with bird eye maple top, ebony freatboard, mahogany body and sperzel locking tuners cost me 450USD.... and you just dont want to know how much it costed the Blue quilted maple top one... (lets just say you couldn eve buy he edge and pups on it for that money)

The JPM Daniels costed much more, but it was still a good deal for both (the guy wanted to start another custom project with Daniel and needed the cash to pay for it, on the other hand I didn't want to wait for months or a year to get something built, particularly when I love how the JPM is done)

About your question psuchoshreder, well the RBM started out as an RBM1, the PGM was built from scratch, but since its not intended to be sold to anyone else, and it's not a replica of any existing guitar... there is no way you can take it for anything different than what it is.

And if I decide to sell it at one point....which has almost 0 chances of happening.... I ll sell it for what it is.

BTW, the JPM features a Tone Zone and a Seymour Duncan 59 pup. It has an alder body with a translucent blue finish at the back. The freatboard is ebony with bird eye (thought not very figured) maple. The neck is a five piece bird eye maple walnut construction.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may also add this one to the collection if I manage to sell my jem77Fp. Im not crazy about the design... but 10 strings!!!!! Im just curious about it!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts