Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently aquired a handmade lefty Floral Jem.

The seller states that he had been making custom Ibanez bodies and necks for awhile now.

He said he even tracked down some of the original fabrics that were used in the original runs back in like 2012.

I'm pretty happy with the overall quality of the woods and finish.

My only true complaint would be the cavity plates.
They are all either misshapen, small, or jagged.

Does any one here know if a good source to get replacement cavity plates for an Ibby?

I've checked the usual places but as a lefty my options are always limited.

I've also concidered making my own if needed but I'd rather get genuin ones of possible.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
26,431 Posts
I've got lefty plates but if he can't make plates well are you sure the routs are even right?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The measurements compared to my prestige guitars seem accurate.

He claimed to have based it on a real jem.

I'm going to take a set of plates from a prestige to make sure they line up right.

Do you also happen to reverse headstock truss covers as well?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I bought a custom made swirled body from the same guy. Overall good, but he left the neck pocket about 0.3mm too narrow and the pickup routes were slightly too shallow. The cavity plates were crap! lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a custom made swirled body from the same guy. Overall good, but he left the neck pocket about 0.3mm too narrow and the pickup routes were slightly too shallow. The cavity plates were crap! lol
The neck and body in this one are a nice fit.

The pickup routes seem ok, it's going to my summer project since I'm not working for the next 2 months or so.

Did you get just a body or neck too

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just a body, was pretty good, just needs a little extra space for wires, I made a bonus hole or two to make it work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts