Ibanez JEM Forum banner

61 - 80 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
HEY TAK! :), do you think it would be possible to get pictures of **** thomsons custom shop guitars?
they look awesome and he speaks very highly of them at any opportunity. i have a guitar magazine, where he says that his ibanez custom shop guitars are easily the finest guitars he has out of his guitar collection. i think he said he had 90+ guitars aswell!

i know you will be busy and you may have to get permission, so i dont want to put pressure on you, but it would be so cool to see more pictures of his guitar/s.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Tak,

I know you've talked about not being able to release some of the custom shop pictures, but what about pictures of some of the OLD endorsee guitars? I'm talking about stuff like Jennifer Batten's Egyptian-themed guitar, or some of the customs done for the band Warrant, or Laaz Rockit, or some of the other 80's/90's endorsees? Surely it wouldn't be a problem to share older stuff like that? I'd love to see some of those old, non-production graphics!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
That would be cool. Maybe get some pictures of old artist models like Stanley Jordan's custom ibanez (the one with the graphite neck), etc.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
or Laaz Rockit, or some of the other 80's/90's endorsees? Surely it wouldn't be a problem to share older stuff like that? I'd love to see some of those old, non-production graphics!
Didnt the Laaz Rockit guitars end up for sale on Denmark Street?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Didnt the Laaz Rockit guitars end up for sale on Denmark Street?
I saw them too and one was the "Get it Away" USA Custom but the other one had a unique graphic.
That was couple of years ago now.
Vai's BiaX RG550 was right next to them back then.

OT, JTM45 I don't do 7stringers but that Dino made me jealous.
Great score.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
thanks for the info.... that is a bummer :(

Any headway on the locking studs? Not sure if you're aware but the RG20 has them with the original Edge trem... glen

·
Ibanez V.I.P.
205 Posts
Dear Glen, how are you? I'm still lobbying Hoshino Gakki asking them to bring back the locking studs for our Edge Pro unit. Tom Tanaka, Mike Shimada, all the big guys, R&D team guys knows that I'm really pushing for the locking studs.Some guys agreed with me but some are not. They are still very skeptical about the product warranty problems caused by the locking studs as I told you earlier. The good news for now is that they are really considering this Locking studs issue once again. I can't promise you anything right now but something is moving under the surface for sure.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Dear Glen, how are you? I'm still lobbying Hoshino Gakki asking them to bring back the locking studs for our Edge Pro unit. Tom Tanaka, Mike Shimada, all the big guys, R&D team guys knows that I'm really pushing for the locking studs.Some guys agreed with me but some are not. They are still very skeptical about the product warranty problems caused by the locking studs as I told you earlier. The good news for now is that they are really considering this Locking studs issue once again. I can't promise you anything right now but something is moving under the surface for sure.
This sounds like great news, lets all keep our fingers crossed!

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Tak, I thought we'd discussed the locking stud issue elsewhere and come to the conclusion that supplying the guitars with the posts ready to accept the locking screws would be the best solution. This would enable us to fit them ourselves later if we wish, but they would need to be made available separately. I wonder if you made this suggestion to the necessary people at Ibanez? I can't imagine a better way, it's a win-win situation.

·
Ibanez V.I.P.
205 Posts
Sir, I'm very much aware of that.I've introduced all kind of options too. However,takes a lot of effort to move big guitar company like Ibanez and all kind of company politics also I have to dealt with.Please understand that I'm trying my best try to convince the company and it is NOT easy things to do.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sir, I'm very much aware of that.I've introduced all kind of options too. However,takes a lot of effort to move big guitar company like Ibanez and all kind of company politics also I have to dealt with.Please understand that I'm trying my best try to convince the company and it is NOT easy things to do.
at least your trying.

cheers .

61 - 80 of 338 Posts