Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a parts js100 about a year ago for about $200. I bought a gotoh Floyd, routed out the trem hole a little longer... And installed the Floyd with a mo Joe in the bridge and a paf Joe in the neck. Loved the tone! Hated the neck. It felt nothing like my other js, or anything else worth playing. But that was to be expected. So I bought a custom neck from warmoth.

1 5/8" nut, stainless 6105 frets, straight 12" radius, maple/rosewood combo, gotoh tuners and moon glow inlays! I had to trim the nut shelf... It was not machined low enough, so that was a little tedious. But in the end, it's now rivals my other guitars in playability. All for a total investment of about $650, after selling the js100 neck. I know that is about what I can buy a js1000 for if I was patient. But this is a little different. And when people see that headstock... They'll be unsure as to what the heck it is haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
There's not much JS100 left!

I like the result though. I'm all in favor of creating something unique. There are a lot of black JS100/JS1000s around. This one is one of a kind and that's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was going for 😁. The stainless frets are excellent too. I notice no difference in tone at all. Which is great because I eat up frets in only a couple years. It'll be nice to not have to worry about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts