Jem Ibanez Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps,
I have been beavering away making a stock of necks, ive turned out a couple of 7 string necks in among them and these are now available for sale on my website.
they have all the specs next to them - heel size, nut width, thickness etc etc so please have a good read if you plan to buy.
if you have any questions or need any more pictures or information please mail me through the website.

there are BIN buttons there but if you are further afield and need more shipping options just drop me a line.

http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/pages/Store/necks.html

These necks are discounted around the 10% mark as they are not custom orders, just what I decided to make at the time.

Jaden Rose

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think I saw those on the unspeakable auction site, right? I love that maple neck with DNA inlays shown on your website :D

Are you selling many at that price, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, no-one here seemed interested to they went to the bay last night.
one down already !

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pumpkin, im interested why you asked if I was selling many "at that price".
this means that you think they may be too cheap or too expensive right ?
I would like to know which because they are cheaper than ordering the same necks as a custom order by a minimum of £25 each.. just interested..

anyway, there are more for sale up there now, at least a maple + pyramids reverse headstock neck and a couple of 7 string necks, one is vine with binding and one a pao ferro board with offset dots.

luvverly !!!
http://www.guitarworkshop-uk.com/pages/Store/necks.html

J.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ha, I didn't mean any offence by that comment. I just thought that because there are so many necks on offer on 3bay you might have struggled to sell them and people might not even bother to look at your auctions.

I think they will sell well with members of Jemsite because we know you're trustworthy, we've seen your work etc... but others ('outsiders') browsing 3bay might not want to drop £300 on a custom builder that they don't know about.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pumpkin - no offence taken mate - none at all.
I really meant just what I said..
I do have a good reason for asking too, the perception (or mis-conception) is that throwing a custom axe together is as cheap as chips (or should be) and trems should come up on 3bay for pennies etc etc..
to underline this, I am often asked to produce replica's of JEM's like FLO for instance and some people are most put out when they discover that its the same price as walking into a store and buying one, then putting a sustainer in it :lol:

anyway, enough of my work woes ;) ive probably said too much already.

these necks are cracking - all sanded to 400 and silky smoooooth and they feel even better with a couple of light coats of tung oil.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
. . .

these necks are cracking - . . .
Ha! Jaden, mate, you better take care. Many of us Yanks will think that's a bad thing.

When you sell one on this side of the pond, be sure to ask the buyer, "do you like it?" as opposed to "are you well chuffed?"

Peace

Mike

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol - Mikey I cant help it mate ;)

im a flippin c0ckney barrow boy from birth and the colloqialisms are hard to lose ;)

ive worked in the US a few times around Chicago, Michigan and Mississippi and I have to be very careful how I speak otherwise no-one understands me :lol:

toooo much slang.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts