Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a project i'm working on, for a friend/customer here in Brazil.
Here are some specs:

JS body made of
1 piece brazilian mahogany body,
H-S-H (no rings) w/ Lion's Claw,
Gotoh Floyd Rose and tuners,
brazilian MAHOGANY NECK
brazilian rosewood fretboard w/ insane Goth inlay,
scaloped neck, 6th to 24th fret,
glued set-neck construction,
WAYNE Guitars reversed headstock,
neck white binding,

BLACK, GREEN and BLUE swirl, including 'a little bit' of white.
:D

All about the construction of the guitar is made by a very talented guy and my master builder, luthier Adão Ribeiro, the guy that helps me out with guitars and custom projects since 1994.
He's updating his site soon.

My responsability is the SWIRL only. But anyway, a huge responsability!!! ;)
Meanwhile, let's see some pics!!!! (i just love this part!!! hahahahahahaha).

Wayne Guitars reversed headstock, made of brazilian mahogny

Please comment!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!!

neck with fretboard loaded with Goth inlays and the body template

me ;)

neck binding

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics inside!!

more neck binding

Goth inlays

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

my bad, it's a 2 piece brazilian mahogany body!

shaping...

fretboard binding

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Godin acoustic guitar body style, made of mahogany and figurated american walnut (imbuia) top,
JS body mahog,
UV body mahog.

body route

Lion's Claw made by hand!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

fiting hardware

adjusting and glueing inlays

scalop and inlay repair

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This is the neck being glued on the body!!!
The next step is doing the neck heel shape, and final setup, ready to go to paintbooth!!! :D

Please feel free to comment!!!
Cheers,
Willian Tubarão ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts

Looks excellent but aren't suppose to swirl it? It will be a hassle now that the neck is glued to the body. or is there a change of plan?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics insi

Hey, thank you guys.
It's gonna be swirled!!! ;)
swirled body and swirled matching headstock!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts

So you gonna deep the body and then hold the guitar upside down and deep the headstock? or do you have a deep enough deeping tank and you are planing to deep the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

8O

Tubarao!! looks Killer!!! 8)

I see a lot of work there... I love to see photos of guitar projects!

·
Registered
931 Posts

Hi will, www.arsguitars.com does not work. Is it completely down for the update? or am I completely wrong regarding the website name?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

shark, i tip my hat to ya, the work looks great! the inlay on the neck is killer, when are you gonna swirl your beard? if i could grow one i would have done mine already buddy.
keep the pics coming mate. have a good one

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Re: Custom Project: JS, neck-thru, 24 frets, TUBARÃO GUITARS SWIRL: LOTZ of pics insi

This is the neck being glued on the body!!!
The next step is doing the neck heel shape, and final setup, ready to go to paintbooth!!! :D

Please feel free to comment!!!
Cheers,
Willian Tubarão ;)
wow, nice

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

So you gonna deep the body and then hold the guitar upside down and deep the headstock? or do you have a deep enough deeping tank and you are planing to deep the whole thing?
Hi will, www.arsguitars.com does not work. Is it completely down for the update? or am I completely wrong regarding the website name?
Yep, i do have a huge deeping tank, then i can swirl the body, neck and headstock all together, on the same swirl.
Customer is thinking about the complete swirl on the neck, anyway the mahogany on neck is sick!
So he's gonna choose between complete swirl or 'body and headstock swirl', keeping the back of the neck on natural clear finish, showing the brazilian mahogany! ;)

The ARS site adress was correct, but after 6 years online, it needs a huge update. I'm updating it myself (doing a favor to my friend) and need to put some "under construction" page. The offline aspect was due to hosting change, etc: not my choice!!!.
Maybe tomorrow it's gonna have an index page. I need to sort this out ASAP!

Today, the neck received the final shape and got the first coat of clear sealant/paint.
LOOKS REALLY KEWL SO FAR!!!
:D:D:D
More info soon!
Thanx ;)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

shark, i tip my hat to ya, the work looks great! the inlay on the neck is killer, when are you gonna swirl your beard? if i could grow one i would have done mine already buddy.
keep the pics coming mate. have a good one
HAGO: I can send ya my beard for a PAW swirl, dude!!! :lol: :lol:
Looking forward to see more swirls from you!
Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
141 Posts

I pretty much lurk around this forum, and I rarely post (check my count), but your work never fails to impress me. Always something different and original. Keep it it up.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thank you for your comments ;)

The guitar was sealed and prepared:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts