Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across a real work of art, and its been to done to a UV7BK no less!! By Icon guitars as a tribute to Morbid Angels Trey Azagthoth!!!
Has anyone else seen any other crazy UV customs?? Post em up people!!
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome guys!!!! Keep em coming:)

Saw this one in a thread somewhere on jemsite....i like it.....:)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
one that comes to mind is the 7 string not posted here long ago, its a 7vsbl. My personal fav though is the ET GMC which was posted awhile ago, it was beatiful.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That is freekin cool as!!! What does it say on your headstock? Great swirl too!! :)
This was a custom made mahogany swirled UV body for a shredder in Arizona USA. The neck was a UV original, with fretboard replaced with Ebony and custom shell inlays. We put his name, "Eric Michael Gavel" also on the headstock in neon green script, when we refinished it. This was one of our first major projects a few years ago, and had a lot of fun with it :smile:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This was a custom made mahogany swirled UV body for a shredder in Arizona USA. The neck was a UV original, with fretboard replaced with Ebony and custom shell inlays. We put his name, "Eric Michael Gavel" also on the headstock in neon green script, when we refinished it. This was one of our first major projects a few years ago, and had a lot of fun with it :smile:
Hey Ernie!!

Great job dude..like it very much!!!
I havent gotten back to ya because i have almost got the inlay down, but not just yet..... i hope its going to help us both :) Please be patient dude, i want it just right and im anal as hell bout these things!!!
Do you have the universe font by any chance? Would like to it to say something other than universe!!
Looking forward to locking horns with ya mate :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thought I would chip in my two custom UV's. Both have original UV necks and trems but the rest is custom.

I sold my 2027... second time Ive done that and Im really annoyed with myself for losing it... such a truly brilliant guitar.. however still got the other two

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey Ernie!!

Great job dude..like it very much!!!
I havent gotten back to ya because i have almost got the inlay down, but not just yet..... i hope its going to help us both :) Please be patient dude, i want it just right and im anal as hell bout these things!!!
Do you have the universe font by any chance? Would like to it to say something other than universe!!
Looking forward to locking horns with ya mate :D
Hey! Thought it was you Ivan... You have time with the design, no stress, get something your really happy with. We can organise something with the font, no probs.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey! Thought it was you Ivan... You have time with the design, no stress, get something your really happy with. We can organise something with the font, no probs.
Yeah mate, its me!!! Cheers for the patience, its one of those things...i just like doing a job right the first time!!!
With the font, i'll just need the letter 'a' designed and the rest of the letters are in the word 'universe' so its 90% of the prob solved there!!
With the inlay...we'll you'll see ;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I sold my 2027... second time Ive done that and Im really annoyed with myself for losing it... such a truly brilliant guitar.. however still got the other two
OMFG!!! The top on that is just sex!! Farkin wow man!!!! If ever you sell her....get in touch or i will hunt you down!!!
Thanks very much for sharing dude...horns high...... btw the others are very nice too:)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heres a uv7bk called HULK that was posted some time ago!! Chunks were taken out with a screwdriver i believe!! I just couldnt bring myself to do that to my UV.... still, it looks cool!!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Heres a uv7bk called HULK that was posted some time ago!! Chunks were taken out with a screwdriver i believe!! I just couldnt bring myself to do that to my UV.... still, it looks cool!!!
The first pic was good but the added chunks taken out and the hulk pickguard killed it for me, much like the JS20th.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
yeah agreed dude...ppickguard tipped it over the edge!!!!

Hows this for a sexy UV!!!!8O

I cant decide if i like it or not, On 1 hand it's cool, on the other i think there is not enough contrast, so it all kinda mingles together.

A black plate and a small black pufling around the triangle inlay it'll be Ideal for me, i may have to play in Pshop now lol

I give it a 50% likey rating, but Yea i'd have it ;)

That hulk S'plate is god awful, talk about clutter eheheh, i'll post my pwh when it's finished

1 - 20 of 122 Posts