Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys
I have an RG2570E prestige and I keep getting string breaks ( always the d) I use .9 gauge strings and ive tried many brands.even if i dont use the whammy bar at all the string breaks. some people said something about a sharp spot on the saddle so I bought another (set me back round 25$) and guess what....the damn string broke again. I went to the local dealer and he is the biggest ass wipe in the world!!!!! and theres no e-mail address on the ibanez website. BTW the string breaks at the bridge gust above the saddle........ PLEASE HELP ME.... ITS ONE OF THE BEST GUITARS I HAVE AND EVER PLAYED I wish to remedy this once and for all!!!!!!10x

·
Registered
846 Posts
If it's the same problem I have, you just have a heavy pick attack, and will need to replace strings more often. You'll just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I highly recommend graphtec saddles. The guitarist in my band was breaking strings on a weekly basis before he got these. Now he hasn't broken a single one since, and can even play until the strings become unwound.

And he doesn't exactly have a light-pick attack either.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
If it's the same problem I have, you just have a heavy pick attack, and will need to replace strings more often. You'll just have to get used to it.
yeah I had the same problem as you only it was my A string.

I have a really heavy picking hand and once I moved from .09's to .10's all my problems went away.

should maybe check out getting a heavier gauge set of strings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts