Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure someone has asked this before in the past but I don't have the time to really do a search and find that info, so I'm just gonna ask here:

Can a D-tuna be attached to an OE or LP and function properly? I'm thinking of downtuning my 685 to Eb tuning, and I want a D-tuna to do drop C#. Thanks :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nope.
D-Tuna only works properly with an no-recessed floyd bridge, so the bridge lays flat on the body wood.

Also, it's impossible to be attached to a Low Pro because the piece you replace doesn't work in the same way.

The only way I think it's possible is using a tremol-no and block the bridge as it was laid flat (dive bombing only) and tune down normally

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm sure someone has asked this before in the past but I don't have the time to really do a search and find that info, so I'm just gonna ask here:

Can a D-tuna be attached to an OE or LP and function properly? I'm thinking of downtuning my 685 to Eb tuning, and I want a D-tuna to do drop C#. Thanks :D
Dude you have enough guitars to tune each one differently lol.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude you have enough guitars to tune each one differently lol.
That's very true, but I noticed Matias from Stratovarius was using a D-tuna with a recessed cavity floyd rose. If I could just downtune and use a D-tuna it would make my life easier lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's very true, but I noticed Matias from Stratovarius was using a D-tuna with a recessed cavity floyd rose. If I could just downtune and use a D-tuna it would make my life easier lol
Sure he had installed a Tremol-No system or similar. Use a D-Tuna in a non-recessed FR makes all strings go out of tune

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
Yes a D-Tuna works with an original Edge, but not a Lo Pro Edge. As long as you have something to block the guitar to dive only you'll be fine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I use a D-Tuna with an OE and two Göldo Back Boxes. They have to be very tightly stretched, but ideally only so much that when you tune down with the D-Tuna the OE doesn't quite start to move. It took me a while to set this up. And to be honest, upbending works, but of course is pretty stiff. The tremol-no system is easier to set up and might be more reliable.
And either way: no flutter anymore :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts