Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The capo is causing buzz on the D string on my Yamaha FS100C, is it problem with capo not suitable for this guitar ?

How much pressure from the screw is appropriate ? I dont want to keep more or too much high tension on the strings and neck from the capo screw adjustment

Please suggest how to solve the buzz or should i get Daddario NS Tri-Action Capo which is better for my acoustic guitar ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
The capo is causing buzz on the D string on my Yamaha FS100C, is it problem with capo not suitable for this guitar ?

How much pressure from the screw chatiw is appropriate ? I dont want to keep more or too much high tension on the strings and neck from the capo screw adjustment

Please suggest how to solve the buzz or should i get Daddario NS Tri-Action Capo which is better for my acoustic guitar carbonite ?

Thanks
I'm no expert but I dont think the Capo is your problem. I think you may need a slight truss rod adjustment. I feel that this is true bacause you say that you have to fret the strings "hard" so they dont buzz. If you take your guitar and look at the fret board sideways, when you fret normaly the string touches the fret. If you push down really hard the part of the string in front of the fret actually rises up slightly. When it rises up you get no buzz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.