Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I have 3 AZ Essentials guitars now. Over a 5 week period or so, I’ve managed to get 2 AZES31’s (one in each color, red and Ivory) and I just got an AZES40 in Purist Blue.

If the AZ’s would have been available at the time, I would have got her a 40 instead of the Jem Jr., as it’s better for beginners, and the learning curve isn’t nearly as steep as a Jem. Plus, I did do some extensive fret work on it, as well as the normal mundane set up work., and replacing the springs with Floyd Rose extra strength, silent springs.

However, the bolt holes in the nut for locking the pressure pad down, got stripped, so a new nut and mounting screws are yet to arrive. So I will fix the Jr and offer it to my son when he comes in a few weeks for Christmas.

I am going to uncles all of my guitars, and let my son pick which one he wants.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get much time on the 40 before passing it on? You're definitely an awesome father. The kids are very lucky. :)
I got a few days ha ha. This guitar is going to be so much better for her. I mean she will be able to change the strings herself on this one. And it’s a shorter scale, and has 9 different selections of pick ups. I did the full work over on it, including fret and nut work. Plus they trews stays in tune after dives. Now I just have to fix the Jem Jr. (y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Super dad!! My children are currently accepting interviews........

My daughter has my amazing ec256. (The main reason she has this guy is that i got it for free, brand new).
She wants my rg3xxv, but i ain't budging. Lol.

She is less enthused now that i swapped necks between it and my 921.
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments Guitar
Musical instrument Guitar Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

The swap was a 95% success. The 921 is now number 1 by far. There is nothing i can't do on it, except divebomb and whammy

The rg3 looks great with the rosewood board, and it sounds more strat like if that makes sense.

The only problem is the non matching headstocks.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My Son was expecting an Ibanez guitar for Christmas, but we shall see. I may just offer him my Gibson LP Studio. He gave me his Vintage Strat and I would kiind of like our exchange to be equilateral. This might not work, however, as the guitar just has a soft case, and will have to be shipped over seas. I think maybe my 7 string will be good for him as he doesn’t have one.

I would buy him a guitar, but at this point, everyone is out of everything. I had ordered him an Ibanez, but the guitar won’t be available until next year.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the guitar I ordered wont be here until the spring. So, I offered him to pick one out of my modest collection. He didn’t want to. He is taking the American Special 3TSB HSS and the case I bought him for Christmas back in 2018 with him to Germany.

I am going to send him with an amp, solid state Orange Crush 35 RT with him so he has an amp, and if it gets broken, well it’s not a big loss like if he took the Mesa. He says he is just going to play to relax and won’t have much time free any way. We haven’t played together for over a year.

His wife is staying behind because she’s got a really good job where they are at, and wouldn’t be able to find a similar job that pays as well over there. All his money overseas is tax free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts