Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok friends..

It's time I get my ass out to play live for you. I've got a killer band ready to go, I just need places to play. If you're interested in seeing us live, there's something you can do to help get me to your town.

Simply go into any bars/clubs/venues that you think would book an instrumental act (playing approx. 45 min - hour [or less if necessary] as an opener or headliner) and get me a contact name and number to talk to about making it happen. I'm self-managed so you can tell the contact that they'll be dealing with me directly. Feel free to mention I'm a Favored Nations recording artist with worldwide distribution and the 6 years I've spent touring with Vai. That may help. :)

I'm up for playing anywhere and we're ready to go. Your help is greatly appreciated. If you do come up with a name AND we end up getting booked for a show at the supplied venue, you'll receive a Dave Weiner t-shirt for your help! I know that's not a huge reward but it's just a small token of my appreciation.

You know where to find me: [email protected]weiner or AIM: daveweiner1

Thanks and I hope to be playing a show for you soon!

Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
dave why dont you guys book a night at Whiskey or Roxy or Viper Room. something like that? Your'e a talented musician! I see kids perform at these prestigious clubs and most of them are not all that! Dude, your name is known around the L.A area! just a thought...

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've seen national and local acts at both Hard Rock Live and House Of Blues in Orlando. Some good friends have a great band here in Orlando who play both venues with some frequency. And I've seen some pretty pathetic local acts at both venues, too... so it can't be too hard to get a date in those places. With the well-developed pool of talent in the central Florida area (but totally underground where guitar is concerned) I think you'd be a shoe-in for either venue and it would sell well. If you do HOB, I'm down for Loge seats! Unfortunately, I don't have the time to play quarterback on the issue for you... wish I could.

~Roger

[edit]
Or maybe I could. I'll email the afore mentioned band and see what they normally do, or who they contact, to set up gigs at both venues. Emails don't take much work, nor would a phone call if I could get a name to talk to at the venues.
[/edit]

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Dave, would love to see you play here in N. Denver, CO. I saw your show with Vai in Boulder, CO on April 19th.....AWESOME:smile: I used to Jam in a house band in a club here in N. Denver. The owner of the club was the other guitarist. Anyhow, I know he'd love to have you and the place would be packed FULL....plus the club name has such a fitting title -

"The House of Rock"

I have emailed you the details...please consider;)

Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
You be patient Dave... my work to bring you to my town is a bit slow... right now I´m in the middle of a mayor job hunt... this month I´ve had so many interviews that I think that my bad luck is going to change.

But never fear.... MJ is here and will get you to play here in Monterrey, Mexico.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave,

House of Blues does alot of stuff in canada....especially Western canada...but i dunno what politics they have.....if I come across a name I'll let ya know...but just surf them up!

Wayne

1 - 20 of 35 Posts