Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't the sign of guitar fame when you walk into a guitar store and someone's playing your song (or attempting to!)

I went to Sam Ash, and this older dude (mid 40's) was playing Dave's Party Piece! Sounded pretty cool too. :D

It was neat to hear it, especially since he taught himself to play it by watching Live @ the Astoria.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heh now let's watch it with the old dude stuff we got feelin's ya know! And remember us old dudes paved the way for you young dudes so you owe us for the music you have to day. Trouble is we don't remember a damn thing about it! lmao. I ask people all the time if they have heard of Dave Weiner thinking I will be the one to turn them on to your music. It is amazing how many people have already heard of you. Keep up the great work! Like I said the first time I heard STSA, Vai better watch his back cause he has some serious competition. Every time I think I am starting to catch up with the times some Weiner has to come along and raise the bar. hehehehe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Polaris20 said:
Isn't the sign of guitar fame when you walk into a guitar store and someone's playing your song (or attempting to!)

I went to Sam Ash, and this older dude (mid 40's) was playing Dave's Party Piece! Sounded pretty cool too. :D

It was neat to hear it, especially since he taught himself to play it by watching Live @ the Astoria.
Did you turn the guy on to daveweiner.com or this forum?

Oh yeah, and mid-forties is only "older" until you get there. Then it's like, "This ain't so bad, except for the noises when I try to stand up."

:p

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marksound said:
Did you turn the guy on to daveweiner.com or this forum?

Oh yeah, and mid-forties is only "older" until you get there. Then it's like, "This ain't so bad, except for the noises when I try to stand up."

:p
yes, of course I mentioned Dave's site, as well as Jemsite, which he already knew about. He was playing it on a new RGA121, so I think he's already an Ibanez player.

I didn't mean 40's as being ancient, just older than me, and not exactly the demographic I pegged for this type of music, which was foolish of me :D

One of the things we talked about was that Vai is doing with Dave just as the late great Frank did with Vai; that is bringing in new talent and giving them a voice, and jumpstarting their career.

Just like Vai, Dave has a unique voice that stands out from all the "whiddly diddly" arpeggio players, and actually has really cool songs to go along with amazing technique.

It's people like Dave that are the future of guitar driven music, IMO.

That and he's got some seriously badass 7 strings!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I play Dave's Party Piece in stores also. I always get comments on it too. Did you make that up? That's sounds awesome. "Nope, Dave Weiner!"

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Dave needs to talk Ibanez into a DW sig series. That black and red burst 7 is friggin' awesome, as is the 7 string Strat.

I know I know, it's all about marketing. :D

He'd be a far better representation for the capabilities of a 7 than say......Korn. After all, he uses all 7 strings!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Dave I think you deserve a sig series aswell. Your an amazing player and if the guys from Good Charlotte can get sig series then why an accomplished player like you shouldn't is beyond me. Plus, its bound to be a cool sig series.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts