Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dave,
I noticed that you have sold your Digi 001 unit which is what you used to record the STSA CD. I am sure their are a lot of us on the forum who could use some of your insight into what you learned about project studios and how to best set them up to achieve the best results. There are so many choices on the market it can be confusing to those of us who have not had the exposure that you have had. I myself am at the beginning stages of building a project studio in my new home and whould like to know what system you would recommend for those of us who don't have mega bucks to spend. And what items you feel are essentials for a project studio. Also what have you chosen to upgrade to over your Digi 001.
Thanks for any insite you can give us.

Webguy

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know one thing, the pre's on the digi001 aren't the best. That Avalon gear Dave used is NICE...wish I could really afford some great pre's like that. I'd like to know what other pres are good, but not as expensive as the Avalons.

·
Registered
736 Posts
webguy said:
Hi Dave,
I noticed that you have sold your Digi 001 unit which is what you used to record the STSA CD. I am sure their are a lot of us on the forum who could use some of your insight into what you learned about project studios and how to best set them up to achieve the best results. There are so many choices on the market it can be confusing to those of us who have not had the exposure that you have had. I myself am at the beginning stages of building a project studio in my new home and whould like to know what system you would recommend for those of us who don't have mega bucks to spend. And what items you feel are essentials for a project studio. Also what have you chosen to upgrade to over your Digi 001.
Thanks for any insite you can give us.

Webguy
I haven't decided what to go with yet. The easy choice for me is the 002R. But I'm kinda tired of the 32 track limitations in Protools LE. I can record fine with that, but when it comes time to mix, the 32 tracks don't cut it. But I would definitely recommend the 002R if 32 tracks isn't a problem for you.

I'm not a fan of Nuendo, so I'm going to try Logic and see how I like that. If it's smart and user-friendly enough, I'll get that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts