Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 which came bundled with Ableton live lite 8, Scarlett plug in suite, Novation bass station and some other free drum patterns.

I am totally new to PC recording and have been going through the Ableton lesson videos, trying to learn about making basic tracks for jamming with.

I have installed all the programs that I've mentioned above and eventually managed to get the Scarlett plug ins (compression reverb etc) into the Ableton program (took me a while).

However, I cannot figure out how to open Bass station. I can find it as a .dll file in my program folders but dont know how to open them in Ableton (is this possible?) I have an authorisation serial number to enter for bass station but have never had to use it as I dont know how to open it!!
Also, the free loops I received will play through media player when the disc is in but are they meant to work through Ableton too?
I have downloaded the free version of Amplitube 3 and I'm using that but can it be used with Ableton if so how?
I also downloaded Reaper incase that would be an easier system to use, but still cant figure out the Bass station and drum loops problem.

Any help would be most appreciated, I spent all day on the laptop trying to figure it out and the wife is freaking out, so thought I better ask for help so it looks as though Im not on the computer all day again. ;-)
Thanks, Nick

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Why don't you go to an Ableton forum or something and place your questions there?
I have no doubt everybody there can help you faster and with the right answers, not guessings.
Plus everything has a manual.
Good luck ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its OK, I figured it out eventually, I had to put the dll files into the correct folder so I now have the bass station and amplitube in ableton and reaper, Happy days!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i can teach you how to use ableton for ibanez guitars :D lets say 1 guitar gets you 10 lessons :D haha

anyway i do know ableton inside out so don't hesitate to msg me :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts